Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Air Cleaners
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:22 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Poor Man's Stage I Air Cleaner

Stolen in it's entirety:

Quote:
First off, I'm not the one who came up with this idea and it has been posted (reads: buried) in other threads. I just figured I'd post it as its own stand alone thread so others could benefit.

Below is the parts list for the Screamin' Eagle Stage I Kit for EFI Models (part #29773-02B). According to HD's web site it will fit '01-later EFI Softails, (except '05 FLSTFI 15th Anniversary), '02-later EFI Touring and '04-later EFI Dyna models. Does not fit '06 FLHTCUSE models with stock A/C cover. And retails for $139.95 ($108.71 at Zanotti's) not including tax and shipping.

The problem with the kit from HD is that its overpriced and comes with a crappy paper air filter, a gray back plate (that looks like crap on chromed or black engines) and a chrome/polished SE A/C Insert (the little donut that says "Screamin' Eagle" that you stick on the outside of the A/C cover) which also looks like crap on a black A/C cover (IMO).

Anyway, here is the parts list so you can build your own SE Stage-1 A/C (Poor Man's Edition) with a K&N Filter, proper back plate color/style and save yourself a decent amount of $$ in the process. Note, Zanotti's and Fox Performance prices can change and shipping/taxes will vary depending on where you live...

From https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html
Just enter the part number and the quantity.

Part# - Quantity - Price - Total - Description
29478-05A - 1 - $9.66 - $9.66 - Gray Back Plate
29620-99 - 1 - $6.04 - $6.04 - Chrome A/C Insert (optional)
29583-01A - 1 - $0.83 - $0.83 - A/C Gasket
99642-97 - 1 - $5.68 - $5.68 - 243 Blue Loctite
29557-05 - 2 - $8.88 - $17.76 - Breather Plug
11292 - 2 - $1.16 - $2.32 - O-Ring
29447-99A - 3 - $8.13 - $24.39 - A/C Mounting Stud
3938 - 3 - $1.80 - $5.40 - Torx Screw

Total: $72.08

Then go to http://www.fox-performance.com/ and enter the part # HD-0800 for the K&N air filter. Should be $36.43.

Your total should be around $108.51 (not including tax and shipping). This will give you exactly what is in the SE Stage-1 A/C kit with a way better air filter and without the install instructions. The instructions are available in various threads on this forum.

If you have a chrome engine, you can swap the gray back plate (29478-05A) for a chrome variant (29510-05 for $31.36). Bringing your total to $130.21.

If you have a black engine, you can swap the gray back plate (29478-05A) for a wrinkle black variant (29586-06 for $27.24), and swap the Chrome A/C Insert (29620-99) for a black variant (29567-99 for $6.04). Bringing your total to $126.09.

To re-cap:
Poor Man's Stage-1 A/C + K&N filter = $108.51
HD SE Stage-1 A/C + K&N filter = $176.38 ($145.14 from Zanotti's)

Poor Man's Stage-1 A/C + K&N filter + Chrome backplate - Gray backplate = $130.21
HD SE Stage-1 A/C + K&N filter + Chrome backplate = $207.74 ($176.50 from Zanotti's)

Poor Man's Stage-1 A/C + K&N filter + Wrinkle Black backplate - Gray backplate = $126.09
HD SE Stage-1 A/C + K&N filter + Wrinkle Black backplate = $203.62 ($172.38 from Zanotti's)

Note: The Chrome (29620-99) and Black (29567-99) A/C inserts are optional. They're just accent pieces. They serve no functional purpose. If you don't want it, you don't have to get it, saving yourself $6.

Enjoy, you cheap bastards...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
thanks but i spent the money all ready ,but its the though that counts .

ps dont look at the drag pics
just sayen

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 04-04-2008, 09:15 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Too late.

I do need a K&N though...
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:22 AM
8-Ball

You can lead a doof to water...
Old 04-04-2008, 09:43 AM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Plagiarizer

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:09 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Someone told me that HD sells black backing plates now.

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:05 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
<sigh>

Old 04-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Don't they make that all in a kit?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:57 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Before '05 they did.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:01 PM
DynaDav

Ya try to do something nice.
It's like pulling teeth.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
No good deed goes unpunished in here. It's in the code.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:23 PM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Copied in entirety...(wife's Street Bob) thanks...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 04-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That's a good idea, but won't the stealership still charge you $300 to install it for you?

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Update...prices have gone up...

i just bought the stuff for My Crossbones @ 25% off...i'll make a new list with current prices when i figure 'em out, cause Highlands uses some confusing system on their receipt...

but i do know the price of the backing plate(plain cast grey) is arounf $25...

just looked at Zanottis...$20.23

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 12-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That's exactly what I did...Thanks, Dave!