Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Pacific
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Pacific California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Mississippi Cajun

KD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Ride to the Sun and Back

I've been so busy planning and arranging stuff for packing and such that I almost forgot to write this trip up for the board. Since way before I got the new Ultra, Banker Billy, my regular riding buddy down here (and whom Tonya insists is a figment of my imagination ) and I have been planning an expanded repeat of our previous trip to the Left Coast. Last time we did part of it by trailering to Alburqurque, NM. This time it's 2 wheels all the way, and since we are now both retired, the only time limit is how long Billy can stand to be away from his newest grandson.
Plans are to leave my place at around 0400 next Monday, 30 May, meet up 2 exists over on I-10 with Bill's brother-in-law, the proud owner of a new Ultra himself, and after gassing up there, heading west with the first day goal of pulling into the west side of San Antonio by late afternoon/early evening (in time for Happy Hour).
Next day is a run to Carlsbad, NM where we hope to get to the Caverns in White City in time for the evening flight of the bats (looking for one of my ex-s there?), and the next day dedicated to exploring the Caverns from the inside. Alburquereque is next via Petrified Forest and Painted Desert, and next day will see us in Cameron, AZ, just east of Grand Canyon. The BIL has never seen the big ditch, so we will take a couple of days there with day 2 exploring the north rim and then heading into Utah for a few days to see as many of the great sights as we can find. From there it is through Lost Wages to Primm Valley, a good dinner and some rest before heading out to Bakersfield, CA, and hopefully connecting with D-190 whom I hope can swing some time off to ride again with us to the PCH around San Simeon as he did last trip out.
The next few days are planned for riding PCH all the way to Washington and across North Cascades before overnighting in Spokane. Along the way I am hoping Dyna Geno and Sidecar Doug will be around where we can hook up if not for a few miles, at least a little howdy time. After that it is a trip through GLacier Park and southward to Big Sky Ski Resort just NE of Yellowstone Park where we have a free condo for a week to explore the park, Beartooth, Chief Joseph Hwy, etc. and just unwinding in one beautiful place 11,200 feet up. Hopefully from there we can head eastward hopefully to reconnect with Margarita and Mr. 365(long but interesting story we have there) then to Wisconsin to visit the Harley museum in Milwaukee, by way of Sturgis and the Black Hills and then take the scenic route home possibly going through Polar Bear Country.
I have a new notepad and hope to stay in touch and post a few pix along the way depending on the internet situation enroute. This should be something between a 10K and 12K trip depending on how many side tours we decide on, and I fully expect it'll be Labor Day before I get any feeling back in my rear end after this trip.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
What an awesome trip! Ride safe, have fun and take lots of pictures.

Too Cool.....

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That sounds like one hell of a great trip planned. I'll PM you my cell number, Call me when you get to the left coast. Depending on what day you make it out here (I sometimes work monday thru friday) I can ride with you on some the PCH.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Enjoy and be careful.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 05-22-2011, 05:18 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
No ES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
What an outrageously cool trip. Be safe, enjoy and take lots of pics.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 05-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Hawkeye

bennynomad doesn't need a tube sockbennynomad doesn't need a tube sockbennynomad doesn't need a tube sockbennynomad doesn't need a tube sockbennynomad doesn't need a tube sockbennynomad doesn't need a tube sockbennynomad doesn't need a tube sockbennynomad doesn't need a tube sockbennynomad doesn't need a tube sockbennynomad doesn't need a tube sockbennynomad doesn't need a tube sock
Go for it KD! Ride safe.

Now that I'm older I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience. Turns out, I just don't give a shite!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Sounds awesome!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodawwg View Post
No ES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you coming to ES this year?

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Mississippi Cajun

KD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
Are you coming to ES this year?
I'll be on this ride for pretty much all of June and will be on PCH from around June 8 until maybe the 12th or 13th, and I have to be in Big Sky, MT, on the 17th, so it looks like I'll miss ES this year. Will put it on the calendar for next year for certain.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 AM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Time out my friend.
We here in the Pacific Northwest have had a very cold spring so far, and the snow is still at the 4000 foot level.
11,200, your gunna be in the ice and snow big time!

You better check the road conditions first, we have a huge snowpack and some flooding from the melt.

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen

Last edited by Jeffytune; 05-23-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:25 AM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
BTW, stop in Portland and the first Beer (Micro brew) is on me.

PM me for a phone number.

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen

Old 05-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Mississippi Cajun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffytune View Post
Time out my friend.
We here in the Pacific Northwest have had a very cold spring so far, and the snow is still at the 4000 foot level.
11,200, your gunna be in the ice and snow big time!

You better check the road conditions first, we have a huge snowpack and some flooding from the melt.

[/IMG]
Thanks for the heads up, Jeff. I've already had to make a few alterations in the route, and of course I have no doubt there will be a few more as we progress into the hills. We originally were going to leave straight from Junction, but decided it was a bit too early and some of the passes we were heading for would still be closed....some probably still are. WIll be checking most of the route the next few days just to make sure. Looking forward to the brewski!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:28 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
You and your Imaginary Friend are going to have such an awesome trip! If y'all get a chance call when you come through this area. Hugs and be safe!

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 05-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds like a fantastic trip!!
I would suggest that you look into getting a cellular data gadget. I know you're a gadget guy and probably have something for this, but if not... look at some of the Verizon data devices. (Sorry Billy) I have a mifi2200 that is bad ass. It is a standalone cellular data connection and wifi router...with no wires at all. I travel a lot and it has been a real lifesaver in areas where cellphones just couldn't do the job. They have even better devices now, I'm sure.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod