Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MotoCamping
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MotoCamping A forum where we swap campground reviews, trip reports, equipment reviews, bike packing, safety, NF, SF, State and National Park reviews, blahblahblah...

Old 07-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Cool Sturgis and beyond

Well fellow Doofs and Zints, my upcoming semi retirement 19-20 state ride is still on track. Albeit not without complications, but hey, that brings challenge to the game. Looking to depart sometime next Friday with a stop by my Sis' in Omaha. I will be posting a projected itinerary of sorts and will update on my whereabouts. I hope to visit many of whom I have not yet met from the collective. The new GF is all moved in and getting comfortable. I still need to get packed, but everything else is going smoothly. I'm going to take the primary cover off to check over and possibly replace the chain tensioner. Oh yeah, I just remembered my rear brake rotor is beyond spec, so it will also be replaced. It's been hotter than F*^# here, so I've been working early and late, staying close to the A/C.
Hope to meet up with Dinger as well as some other Arkansans at Sturgis.
I will be camping every chance I get. I have huge tent, pad, bag and small stove. Also an extensive array of tools just because. If anything happens on the road, I don't wish to be tied to a shop for any and all repairs. (Not like I'm expecting any), but...

I still need to get my name and number on the doof list.

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 07-23-2015, 04:41 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Bob: 41

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
You have probably answered this question before, but I'm probably wasn't listening...

Are you going to be on the eastern coast during the trip?

Kimber

Old 07-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
No Mike, I'm heading up through NW Ar. to Omaha for a night at my Sis', then on to Sturgis. No known route through ND. as of yet. Still working on routes. Might just jaunt through the southwest corner and haul west into Montana. I'll take suggestions and recommendations for a nights stay in ND.
If I don't/can't do the TT next May, I'll make an Eastern state loop and visit Itch and everyone else I can. Excited about going walkabout.

bOb

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 07-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Have fun

Kimber

Tags
camping, road tripping, Sturgis, traveling