Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Wheels & Tires
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-25-2007, 09:26 PM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Metzlers

Just ordered my 880's...now it's time to shop around for some Lyndall Z+ pads. I figure that since I'll have the tires off, I should replace the pads as well...that, and the wife said it was ok...

FYI, how hard is it to remove the wheels of the bike? I've got the manual, lift, and hopefully all the tools. I just can't see paying for 2-2 1/2 hours of labor (at $70 per hour) to have it done. I was quoted 30 minutes to have them mounted and balanced...that I can live with.

Any tricks, tips for removal?

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!

Old 02-26-2007, 09:47 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If possible have a second person around to hand you the tools and parts you set down out of reach. The only other tricky part is making sure you line the rear wheel up. have a yardstick or tape measure handy and check the alignment before and after you tighten the axle nut. I'm sure it tells you how to check on dynas but for a softail you check from the axle to the swingarm pivot on each side.

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide