Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Air Cleaners
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
yeah i priced it out this morning its definately gone up... looked for kits on ebay... etc

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Don't forget our <Sponsor>, Tri County, when shopping for the parts.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 12-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Double-D

Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Don't forget our <Sponsor>, Tri County, when shopping for the parts.
Called her a couple days ago for all my 40k stuff.... She quoted me what I thought was a good price on all the parts... going to order that stuff after 1st of the year. I have a HD gift card I need to use locally here as well.

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
Vance and Hines Ovals
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams

Old 12-06-2008, 07:45 PM
mountainkowboy

I bought an older outdated version of the HD SE performance air cleaner on ebay for $38.00. I had to do some leg work with my HD parts guy to find out if it would work on my bike, but its the cheapest way in the long run.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
BUt who can i get to install it?~

®
Old 12-13-2008, 10:29 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Updated:

Backplate - cast grey - 29478-05A = $25.95 retail/$20.26 @ 20% off
............. - chrome - 29510-05 = $49.95/$39.96
............. - wrinkle black - 29586-06 = $39.95/$31.96

Breather Bolt (need 2) - 29465-99 = $3.50/$2.80

Breather Plug (need 2) - 29557-05 = $9.68/$7.74

Gasket - 29583-01A = $2.99/$2.39

AC Mounting Stud(need 3) - 29447-99A = $12.95/$10.36

O-Ring(need 2) - 11292 = $1.07/$.86

Screws, Torx(need 3) - 3938 = $1.50/$1.20
(I would probly just get S.S. button head hex @ hardware store)

Note: Backing plates for '08/up Touring and Dynas are different
check page 505 in the HD big book...

I've sprayed the cast grey backing plates, black, with heat resistant paint...just mask off any mating surfaces first

The K&N HD-0800 filter has gone up in price, also...Fox Performance price is now around $53

also need Blue Loctite

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 12-13-2008, 10:46 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
A little tip when you're installing this beauty to keep the studs from backing out when you unscrew the screws...
Tighten the studs to the max torque value with plenty of loctite, and the screws to the minimum with a little less loctite.
Otherwise, your life will suck.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:54 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
there's actually a purple loctite for small screws, that would probly be better for the screws...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 12-13-2008, 10:57 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I've never tried it.
Mothership says blue, and I hate shit fallin' off.
Minimum torque has worked pretty well for me.
Too bad dealership monkeys don't do it that way.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Double-D

thanks for the update... just started my list of parts to order on MS Word...

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
Vance and Hines Ovals
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams

Old 12-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Ness Big Suckers are still around $110 on ebay.

Newer models might be higher.....