Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Tough Time To Be A 700....

Stumbled upon this documentary on NBC... I realize the media propaganda machine, but this doesn't seem like the usual slanted crap. The whole trigger connector engineering I heard about it a little in the day, and remember the 600 recalls.
They did show both sides of story, and some of the documents can't be denied.... And the original designer Mike Walker at 98yrs old has nothing to be gained saying and showing what he knows.

Dirk
Old 10-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
Assuming the Remington 700?
I had heard it was blown out of proportion and is a non-issue these days?
I want one in .308

Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I have a 700 BDL. It can happen.

There's a reason the barrel is always pointed downrange, or in a safe direction.

Kimber

Old 10-28-2012, 12:35 PM

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
I know there are legions of 700 fans out there. I think this issue is akin to the side saddle tanks of the 70/80's Chev pu's....
The paper work shown from 1947, stated the engineering fix for 5 1/2 cents a rifle. It was turned down, as they where already over budget on development...
My top 2 accurate rifles in the safe are a Sako 75 in .338 and a Ruger 77 in '06.... Have never had a Remington long arm...

Dirk
Old 10-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Doofish

Last Cigar Smoked: a zeppelin
FXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographic
Talk shit and drive the price down. Send all your unsafe rifles to me, collect. Oh, A prefix serial numbers only.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2001 BLACK POND.jpg (77.2 KB, 75 views)

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

Frank Zappa
Old 10-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Zintaround

pa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
but this doesn't seem like the usual slanted crap.

Dirk
Yes it is!

Don't drink the koolaid that these bastards are serving!

They haven't found a way to outright ban firearm so the trial lawyers are trying to put them out of business with lawsuits.

First it was the model 700's and now it's the 870 pumps and the 1100 semi shotguns.

Watch Remington response to NBC's B.S. before you make up your mind.

Here

I feel for the lady that shot her son , but who points a gun at their child when loading or unloading a gun?

It's only natural that people that do stupid things want to blame it on the firearm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
I have a 700 BDL. It can happen.

There's a reason the barrel is always pointed downrange, or in a safe direction.
Mike did you buy your 700 new or used? Did anyone adjust the trigger?

Collectively my family owns somewhere around 20 model 700's and none of these have ever had an accidental discharge.

I purposely tried to make 5 of mine discharge with the safety on and had no accidental discharges.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa-glazier View Post
Yes it is!

Don't drink the koolaid that these bastards are serving!

They haven't found a way to outright ban firearm so the trial lawyers are trying to put them out of business with lawsuits.

First it was the model 700's and now it's the 870 pumps and the 1100 semi shotguns.

Watch Remington response to NBC's B.S. before you make up your mind.

Here

I feel for the lady that shot her son , but who points a gun at their child when loading or unloading a gun?

It's only natural that people that do stupid things want to blame it on the firearm!

Collectively my family owns somewhere around 20 model 700's and none of these have ever had an accidental discharge.

I purposely tried to make 5 of mine discharge with the safety on and had no accidental discharges.
Muzzle control is everything, I agree.... That heartbreaker is not what I was drawn too... It was the footage and paperwork.
And some of that footage, especially the military stuff is hard to deny... Altered, I dunno. I'm not on a 700 bash and editing is everything, but an engineering flaw is not out of realm of possibilitys in conjuntion with alterations or filth...

Dirk
Old 10-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
To decock the 700 BDLDM you close the bolt slowly "On An Empty Chamber! while pointing the barrel in a safe direction!!" while pulling the trigger it will unload the firing pin spring. It won't even snap if it is done right.

And never point a firearm at anyone while pulling the trigger unless you mean to shot that person!!!

And I hope somebody steps up on when Remington 700's were first produced.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 10-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Zintaround

pa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
Muzzle control is everything, I agree.... That heartbreaker is not what I was drawn too... It was the footage and paperwork.
And some of that footage, especially the military stuff is hard to deny... Altered, I dunno. I'm not on a 700 bash and editing is everything, but an engineering flaw is not out of realm of possibilitys in conjuntion with alterations or filth...

Dirk
Sorry Dirk but I get passionate about this stuff! How many people do you think were probably killed by the roughly 2,586,000 pre 64 model 94 Winchesters produced like the one that you have? To load it you have to put the shells it the tube magazine then work the lever to put a shell in the chamber. Doing this you now have a loaded round in the chamber and a fully cocked hammer and no safety (engineering flaw)? And now to make the rifle safe you have to lower the hammer to half cock. Oops the hammer slipped and the rifle fired because your wet, cold, gloved hands aren't aren't as nimble as they are in better conditions. I have personally witnessed this happening on two different occasions. No one was killed or injured on either incident because the guns were pointed in a safe direction.

This is nothing but an end around way of banning guns! Your Ruger will be next because I can guarantee that somewhere someone was accidently killed by one.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Zintaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
To decock the 700 BDLDM you close the bolt slowly "On An Empty Chamber! while pointing the barrel in a safe direction!!" while pulling the trigger it will unload the firing pin spring. It won't even snap if it is done right.

And never point a firearm at anyone while pulling the trigger unless you mean to shot that person!!!

And I hope somebody steps up on when Remington 700's were first produced.[

They were first produced in 1962 and over 5 million have been made.

Last edited by pa-glazier; 11-01-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Been using the same 700 chambered in 30-06 since the 70's. No issue's, no problems ever.

Couldn't imagine not having it.

Greg
Old 10-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Zintaround

Ancient Iron

I've realized at my age my life closely parallels that of a racing greyhound.

1. Nobody ever catches the rabbit.
2. The rabbit is not even real.
3. If I stop chasing the rabbit, there is probably a large needle in my near future."

Old 10-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
We have had. literally, thousands of 700's pass through the store. The only ones that have had that problem, had been "adjusted" to have a lighter trigger. The main problem is that idiots don't know the difference between 2 screws, and adjust the sear engagement by mistake.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa-glazier View Post
Mark;

I bought the gun used in 1979. I have not had any work or adjustments made. I have no knowledge what may have been done before I purchased it.

The one accidental discharge I had was while hunting not long after it was purchased. I had just shot at a deer and while reloading the next shell it fired as I chambered the round. Fortunatly it was pointed in a safe direction, but scared the chit out of me and my hunting partner.

I have only put a few boxes through it since then. Mostly sighting it in and a couple hunting trips, but have not ever repeated that scenario.

At one point I believe there was a recall, but because I was not the original registered owner, it may have expired before I learned of it.

Kimber

Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
They will generally never turn away ANY current owner on a safety recall.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.