Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Stebel; PoS or bad rap?

I'm looking for a decent alternative to the stock noisemaker. No doubt the Stebel is loud and popular. In my trolling around, however, I've been finding way too many reports of them taking a dump while still new or even being DOA.
Warranty means nothing to me when it's horns/brakes or fire extinguishers.
How many of you have had Stebel failures?

I really want a loud-ass horn but without the visual of the big Rivco trumpets...tho they really sound awesome.
If the Nautilus really is junk, what's the next best?

yeah, I know....too much technical sh!t .

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 04-14-2011, 09:30 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I've had the Mini-Beast for 3 years.
Like it a lot...However, the bracket that holds it all together,
inside the square case, broke in 2 places.
Welded it back together, and no problems so far.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The Mini-beast is a Stebel shoved in a cover.

I have a Nautilus that I cut up and mounted in 2 pieces. The horns are mounted under the fairing on the rt speaker brace, while the compressor is behind the left saddle bag. It's still loud. It's been on the bike 2-3 years w/ no issues.

I could not find a suitable mounting location that didn't look like ass or was too close to the exhaust. I used some poly icemaker hose to plumb from the compressor to the horns.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
I could have used a louder horn today. Instead, she heard me cuss her out(then she waved at me out of the driver's window). In the end, I had a side by side short discusion with her. I think she will be on the look-out for us in the future.

I hope, I fixed stupid, but my fingers aren't crossed.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
3 years on my Mini-Beast.
No problems.
It is a goat scarer.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
The Mini-beast is a Stebel shoved in a cover.

I have a Nautilus that I cut up and mounted in 2 pieces. The horns are mounted under the fairing on the rt speaker brace, while the compressor is behind the left saddle bag. It's still loud. It's been on the bike 2-3 years w/ no issues.

I could not find a suitable mounting location that didn't look like ass or was too close to the exhaust. I used some poly icemaker hose to plumb from the compressor to the horns.
That seems like a good idea but doesn't that cause a lag or delay?

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 04-15-2011, 04:42 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
i thought Mini-Beast was Wolo...

theres a stebel with a lower tone, like a semi...seen it but cant remember where...

i cant believe somebody hasnt come up with a kit with the horn/compressor already separated...
i'd mount the horn where the stock one is...but not with the comp attached...
i bought one years ago when mike did his, but never finished the project...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 04-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Under Construction

TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
That seems like a good idea but doesn't that cause a lag or delay?
Not one that a human ear could evaluate.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 04-15-2011, 05:19 AM
Under Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
i thought Mini-Beast was Wolo...
The two products look identical. I suspect they're just relabeled versions of the same product.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 04-15-2011, 06:08 AM
B. F. a D. M.

Brstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I have had a mini beast for almost three years. No problems, real attention getter!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:04 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
I could have used a louder horn today. Instead, she heard me cuss her out(then she waved at me out of the driver's window). In the end, I had a side by side short discusion with her. I think she will be on the look-out for us in the future.

I hope, I fixed stupid, but my fingers aren't crossed.
You can fix ignorant, but you can't fix stupid.
Well, you could if you were Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr, I guess.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have the dual FIAMMs and given that the FXR horn is mounted at the front of the swingarm, they've held up pretty well. They're loud, but would be louder if they didn't point at the rear tire.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
I have the dual FIAMMs and given that the FXR horn is mounted at the front of the swingarm, they've held up pretty well. They're loud, but would be louder if they didn't point at the rear tire.
I thought those were booster rockets

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 04-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
I thought those were booster rockets
If I lose traction due to cold tires, I just hit the horn to warm them.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Securitas Emeritus

Homesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suck
Another mini-beast here, no trouble.

joe

FXRT- Hubba Hubba