Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 12-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Rocker Arm Wear

Now that teardown is complete and all the parts(mostly) assembled, inspection of parts is priorty. Everything has gone great, except for this rocker arm, .008 end play on three of the shafts, .012 on one and the rubbing block of the one problem child is pictured below.
I can barely catch a edge with a fingernail,The picture looks worse than it feels, what do y'all think? The snow ball effect of money out the shop door was expected and saved some costly fixes down the road, but this piece has a pretty simple job. Polish the end up and put it back in service?

Cheers,
Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02564.JPG (88.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02566.JPG (93.7 KB, 52 views)
Old 12-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Pitting is bad...
Old 12-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Get rid of those. I have a set of good used ones if you want them.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Take Geeze up on his offer.... I wouldn't use them.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 12-21-2010, 06:39 PM

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Thanks Guys,
Before I posted my little voice was sceaming to pitch them after spending all this money, to scrimp now...... Guess I needed a little confirmation, Thank You for your offer Geezer-Glide, but I just got off the blower with my dealer and the have 0mile take offs for roller conversions that I can pick thru so all is good. Weird how when you look at the money spent on a build and try to cheap out in the stupidest places........

Cheers,
Dirk
Old 12-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
No weak links....
Old 12-22-2010, 05:05 PM

Pcked up a couple of replacements today with my new lifters, on a sde note how do you get a old lifter completely apart - my manuals just show the unit - don't say .357 already thought of that... just curious, get the top cup and disc but thats it, does the inner collar retain the piston and spring?? Like to see how things work

Cheers,
Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02569.JPG (103.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02570.JPG (102.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02567.JPG (95.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02568.JPG (96.4 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
Pcked up a couple of replacements today with my new lifters, on a sde note how do you get a old lifter completely apart - my manuals just show the unit - don't say .357 already thought of that... just curious, get the top cup and disc but thats it, does the inner collar retain the piston and spring?? Like to see how things work

Cheers,
Dirk
IIRC the plunger should come on out, but be stuck from the surface tension created by the oil.