Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 11-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Finishing Touches....

A worthy day spent toiling at home instead of hunting
Got the neigbour to help wrestle the old drafty pig of a sliding glass door out and this garden door setup in...
Looks like I managed to measure right the first time, very little shimming and the doors hang straight and everything is square. Me thinks I like the internal blinds for a cleaner look..

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sks & k98 007.jpg (42.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg sks 005.jpg (45.3 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg sks & k98 006.jpg (46.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 11-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Not called French doors?

Nice looking.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 11-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Tom, that's what I thought, especially being north of the border! Lol

Oh yeah, nice looking doors and clean job Dirk. I likey

aka

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology

Last edited by Turbo Turtle; 11-10-2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Because I can
Old 11-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I spent half the day doing the same thing. Except our door is single swing door hinged from the center. As like Dirk, we also took out a sliding door (Pella) after the bottom of the door around the track wheels rotted away.

I still have to caulk, install some more window/door foam in the gaps and trim out the inside..

Neighbor hear the saw running and stopped in to see what was up. Said he was dodging his own Honey-do's. So I put him to work helping carry it from the garage and fitting it in place.

Kimber

Old 11-10-2014, 09:31 PM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
So I put him to work helping carry it from the garage and fitting it in place.
Which I really appreciate! So I didn't have too.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Built in mini blinds. Best invention door and window makers have come up with!

Nice job Dirk.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 11-10-2014, 10:13 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cheese View Post
Built in mini blinds. Best invention door and window makers have come up with!

Nice job Dirk.
We saw them, but I wasn't sold. If they break, you can't fix or replace them without replacing the door.

Kimber

Old 11-11-2014, 05:56 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
what brand, Dirk...?

I see those swing out...the Peachtree I bought, but not installed yet swing in...probly with the wind pushing, makes a good seal...

the Pella bow window we have has blinds between the double and third glass, which comes out...easy to replace...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 11-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
what brand, Dirk...?

I see those swing out...the Peachtree I bought, but not installed yet swing in...probly with the wind pushing, makes a good seal...

the Pella bow window we have has blinds between the double and third glass, which comes out...easy to replace...
Stanley brand metal doors, Home Depot needs 2-3 weeks to build them to your specs.... Lifetime warranty on the hardware rested my concerns on the mini blind setup!
That's it for the year, except for the hardwood floors to replace the little bit of carpet we have left, but that ain't me, leaving that to the pros

Dirk