Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
So does the Zumo have a "cancel trip plan" option to erase the routes you never take?

Does it have a detailed download for the back roads of TX to keep it from saying you live in the middle of a field, or are driving through one?
Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Cool, thanks! Do you use yours with bluetooth pairing for your phone? I'm thinking that I might try to find a 3/4 helmet with bluetooth headset or maybe get the JM kit that combines it all to use with a wired headset and allows you to keep the CB functionality.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have it connected just so I know when I get a call. I don't talk on the phone while riding. When I stop I check the missed calls feature on the Zumo and make the call-back.
I love the hands-free in the truck.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
So does the Zumo have a "cancel trip plan" option to erase the routes you never take?

Does it have a detailed download for the back roads of TX to keep it from saying you live in the middle of a field, or are driving through one?
Paul you can cancel all or some of the routes you don't need anymore.
Mapquest is the proprietary map program and it is behind google maps and others on updates of new roads and streets. But any roads that have been around for a couple of years are on there. Check out Mapquest and see if it is sufficient for your needs.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:25 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
Mapquest is the proprietary map program and it is behind google maps and others on updates of new roads and streets. But any roads that have been around for a couple of years are on there. Check out Mapquest and see if it is sufficient for your needs.
If you email or call garmin, you can get "mapsource" there mapping and routing program, it contains everything that is in the unit but you see it on the computee.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 09-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
Bring it to junction so we can check it out. I know Billy likes to play with electronic toys.

Now all I have to do is wait for phreak to throw out the softball!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Hand Wringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Bring it to junction so we can check it out. I know Billy likes to play with electronic toys.

Now all I have to do is wait for phreak to throw out the softball!!!
I don't leave home without it.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Kenney

If your interested in the Zumo 550. Please, Please, Please check out: http://www.zumoforums.com/

They have all of the information that you will need on mounts, installation, configuration, Blue Tooth (BT), MP3, etc.

Also on where to buy at the best price. I almost got screwed (thinking I had a good price and was so smart until I started reading the posts at zumo forums) I was able to cancel the order and saved my self lots of hassle.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Hand Wringer

I bought mine here.
http://www.thenerds.net/

*Sensitive at all times.