Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Brakes, Rotors & Calipers
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Lyndall pads in the rain...?

I read a post, somewhere else, awhile back stating they weren't as effective in the rain...

those of you who have them...any noticable difference...?

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 09-22-2007, 11:59 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I'd like to know this too, I have a set ready to go on...

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 09-22-2007, 12:04 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
I'd like to know this too, I have a set ready to go on...

Z+ or Gold, Geno...?

I also read somewhere that Lyndall recomended Gold on the front & Z+ on the back...maybe just for baggers???

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 09-22-2007, 12:09 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Z~pads for the front...

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 09-22-2007, 12:43 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Mine worked well on the way back from MD, Z+ F&R.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:21 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Mine work fine in the rain. Are there others that actually ride in the rain?

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Last edited by BigSwede; 09-22-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:23 PM
GrayRider

Works for me.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Had Z+ on my Softail; never had any issues.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 09-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Mine work fine in the rain. Are there others that actually ride in the rain?
Yep!

but, not intentionally...

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 09-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I had Z+ on my bagger front with stock HD rotors. Sucked in the wet. Went to Golds. Better in the wet. Put on HogPro wheels and polished rotors with the Golds, not bad in the wet. Stock HD calipers were the weak point. Just put on HogPro 6 piston calipers. This bitch stops like I tossed an anchor overboard! Matter of fact, I can now lock the front wheel in the wet. Not good!! No more than two fingers.

Airglider has an 04 bagger, he has Z+ on the front with HD floating rotors. He can't stop in the wet either.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 09-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Big Double-D

bigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suck
[QUOTE=Geezer-Glide;142401I had Z+ on my bagger front with stock HD rotors. Sucked in the wet. Went to Golds. Better in the wet. Put on HogPro wheels and polished rotors with the Golds, not bad in the wet. Stock HD calipers were the weak point. Just put on HogPro 6 piston calipers. This bitch stops like I tossed an anchor overboard! Matter of fact, I can now lock the front wheel in the wet. Not good!! No more than two fingers.

Airglider has an 04 bagger, he has Z+ on the front with HD floating rotors. He can't stop in the wet either.[/QUOTE]

Are the six piston direct bolt on replcements?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Read this over at the other place, never had problems. Day before Sturgis, I switched to the black ones in the back. Did 150 miles in the rain on the interstate,but didn't really test the braking, like in town. Haven't had any bad rain since.

They got a new black one that doesn't require the break in. The road I live on is posted 55, so the break in proceduires for the old ones, just are not practical for me.

I have ran SBV, I think from Drag, and really didn't notice a difference. To be honest I really didn't notice a difference going to LRB. I just don't like buying HD.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Also curious about 6 piston calipers. How much what needs to be changed. Got 54k, not sure when I need to change out rotors. But when I do I want to go better.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I got the 6 piston calipers from HogPro, Jerry is just aces! Free shipping for fourm members too. The calipers are direct bolt on's, they include spacers to center them. I have HogPro polished rotors as well, but have been running the Lyndals in stock calipers, so the rotors have scuff marks. The 6 pistons are made right there in Califorina, by a guy who used to race bikes and knows brakes. The pads are easy to get for replacement. You can get from Jerry or anyone who has HawgHalters or PM's (I thnk PM's, Jerry can tell you) I paid just pennies over $700.00 for the pair for the front, they're sweet! Look 'em up, www.hogpro.com.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 09-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Excommunicated

Excuse my ignorance. If you go with 6 caliper,what do you need to replace. Can you use stock rotors? I have changed some pads, other then that not really up n it.

Last edited by Berserker; 09-24-2007 at 06:31 AM.