Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

View Poll Results: So do you like tunes on yer ride?
Gotta hav'em... It's not riding without my theme music. 8 36.36%
Hell no I like piece and tranquility when I ride. 6 27.27%
what?.. WHAT DID YOU SAY????! My pipes are so frig'n loud I'm deaf now, so what's the point?. 1 4.55%
I only listen to records... technology is evil. 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Sound System on 2008 Rocker

Here's a quick video and photos of my stereo system I installed on my Rocker.

Well here's what parts I used.
Cycle Sounds 3" premium speaker package
Cycle Sounds Ipod Holder
Cycle Sounds usb charging cable
Scosche RF Steering Wheel Remote Control System

Most of these items can be found cheaper on ebay or amazon.
The usb charger isn't necessary but comes in handy for long trips.

Well here's how I installed mine. Install is pretty easy, although I did have a bit of drilling on the console.
Also if you have a lift kit on your gas tank you most likely have to remove it otherwise the speakers will hit the handle bars on most rockers, unless you got some ape hangers on yers...

First thing you'll want to do is mount the amp. It fits nicely upside down under the forks and above the horn. There is a pre-threaded hole there that works great for mounting. Now before you pull your console off take the speakers and line them up so your handle bars won't touch them when turning and that they won't interfere with you gas caps. I marked the spot on mine with electrical tape, don't forget to measure and make sure the speakers are pretty symmetrical. Then pull the console off by removing the acorn nut near the seat and the bolt at the top.

Then I drilled the console. Make sure to measure everything out and use a scratch awl to set your drill points so your drill bit doesn't jump and scratch your chrome. After you drill it, you'll need to pick up some new pan head bolts with lock washer for mounting. I don't remember the size of them off hand, I'd just take one of the speakers with you to the hardware store. After drilling mount the speakers. Now just lay the console back on for a second and pray nothing hits... If everything is measured right you should be good.

Now what I did at this point is ran the speaker wires coming from the speakers up under the console about 6"-8" and cut them and crimped with insulated wire disconnects so you can remove the console in the future. Then run the other half of the wires back out from under the console and hooked them into the amps wiring harness.

Now while you have the Console off you can unbolt the gas tank and just lift it up some and off set it so it stays up. It's now possible to run the wiring without draining the tank and removing it completely. Although you can do a lot nicer job if you just pull the tank.

You can pretty much follow Cycle Sounds installation from this point out. I ran all my wiring along the right side and wire tied it to the wiring harness to keep it hidden. Cycle sounds does not make a wiring harness adapter that works with the rocker so you have to use the wire clip provided with the system and clip it to the orange and white striped wire on the bikes harness that connects to the the rear fender . After all the wiring is hooked in I just I brought the speaker jack out from under the seat and looped it into the left saddlebag. Inside the bag I mounted the MiTouch cradle to the plastic wall off the bag with Automotive 3M double sided mounting foam tape. Then put the RF module on you ipod and strap the remote to the handle bars and you should be good. Just pick the playlist you want on your ipod and control the rest with your remote.

Here are some older photos of the system to help see what was done.. The wiring is a lot cleaner now, since I redid it while I had my bike torn down this winter.

Hopefully that helps show what I did. If you have any other question, just fire them my way.

Have a good one,
Yolkum

Below are links to all the parts.

Cycle sounds 3" 100w speaker system link
http://www.cyclesounds.com//index.ph...products_id=81

Cycle sounds usb charging cable link
http://www.cyclesounds.com//index.ph...roducts_id=181

RF Transmitter Remote Link
http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID...productID/1821

iTouch Ipod Cradle Link
http://www.cyclesounds.com//index.ph...roducts_id=103

Old 04-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Hey, That looks good!

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 04-22-2010, 12:19 PM
DD

yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Hey thanks BigTOE.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:41 PM
DD

Oh one other thing, even as loud as the 3" speakers are, I'd go with a windshield if you gonna use them. Really helps with the wind noise interference. You can still hear the tunes either way, but it's a lot better with a wind shield. just say'n

Old 04-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sorry, I skimmed most of that. But the pictures look nice.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:04 PM
DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
Sorry, I skimmed most of that. But the pictures look nice.
That's ok, I wouldn't have made it past the video.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolkum View Post
That's ok, I wouldn't have made it past the video.
I couldn't even sit thru the whole video once I relized there was no Short attension span is a b!tch.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:36 PM
DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
I couldn't even sit thru the whole video once I relized there was no Short attension span is a b!tch.
ha ha ha...
wish I had those kind of connections, but only boob was the one running the camera...

Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
is it safe to assume the 3" is tons better of a system over the 2" or 2.5"?

Old 04-23-2010, 05:59 AM
DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetoys View Post
is it safe to assume the 3" is tons better of a system over the 2" or 2.5"?
I had the 2" originally and they were ok, but on the highway when it was windy it would be hard to hear even turned all the way up.
Haven't had that problem with the 3".

never tried the 2.5

Old 04-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I like...in your saddlebag...it says "Biker Sh*t"....

Old 04-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Turd Wrangler

APDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suck
I saw that too. Isn't that a Cpt. Itch can koozie though?

60% of the time it works every time.

I can't complain, sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:27 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
looks like a nice setup, i was disappointed that there were no boobies in the video also....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 AM
DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by APDBagger View Post
I saw that too. Isn't that a Cpt. Itch can koozie though?
yer right, it is a capt. itch koozie.
bought one of their clip on cup holders for my saddle bags.
love that thing.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 AM
DD

next video... more boobies.

Tags
Cycle Sound, double dumbass, dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass, ipod, music, rocker, stereo