Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Tins, Body Work, & Paint
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Where did you get the bike stand from?
+1?

Curt

Old 02-01-2013, 10:44 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Looking forward to the pics!

Exactly! That's why I asked!
So, you already knew and you asked anyway, wasting our valuable bandwidth?
This type of post whoring is highly discouraged here and frowned upon with the frowniest face you can imagine, mister.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
So, you already knew and you asked anyway, wasting our valuable bandwidth?
This type of post whoring is highly discouraged here and frowned upon with the frowniest face you can imagine, mister.

Did you forget where you were again?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
Did you forget where you were again?
Do a search!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Do a search!

That answer would be "yes".

Old 02-01-2013, 11:14 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Searches must contain at least 4 letters and can not be common words!!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Quote:
Searches must contain at least 4 letters and can not be common words!!!!
OK, it was funny at first but now you're just scaring us.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidglide View Post
All good points, thus the Progressive suspension HD fork springs, 1" preload spacers, cartridge emulators and I went up to 30 weight fork oil with moly additive to help preclude all the divin' activities (Brazilian or otherwise) I can lock up the front wheel at will, if she weren't so heavy, she'd do stoppies
I'm a big believer of the mantra of:
#1, UPGRADE SUSPENSION
#2, GOOD RUBBER
#3, BETTER BRAKES
#4, THEN make it go like a scalded dog!

I'm hoping to get a set of hard bags on her before summer is over too.
If anyone else has suggestions/ pointers/ hints/ abject criticisms, etc. Please, let me know!

You must be new here.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Last Cigar Smoked: Drew Estates Kuba Kuba (Lovely!)
stupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
I like black~
Where did you get the bike stand from?
The stand came from an outfit called Bikelift, and I think you can find them at bikelift.com. I also have one of their lifts, and using a cordless drill it will lift a full dress bike about 3 feet in the air with no problem. I've had them both for about 12+ years now and think they are both the shiz-nit. As for the fork oil, I kept going up until it quit divin' so hard going into the corners, and as I stated before, with the kevlar brake pads and full floater drilled disc that're on it, it'll lock up the front wheel if I really crank on the brakes, but yes, dual discs are in it's future, as are a fork brace. The rest of the front end has been upgraded as far as I can go for now, short of slappin' on a set of upside down forks. As for why I'm not trading it in on a dresser? When this one is paid off, getting a brand new RG is my plan, that way I'll still have the Dyna, but I'll just strip it back down and make it into more of a solo bomber/ hot rod bike. And as expected, the thread has headed straight for poop-ville (one of the reasons I love this place- Tech advice given with tongue firmly planted in cheek)

And thats not tape- its a racin' stripe! So there!

just a big ol' Doof.....
I MARRIED me a PIRATE!!!....
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM
Old 02-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

stupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ok y'all.............
I done did the mock-up, (compleat with regulation green tape) so now on to the fab work.
The original crash bar eliminator that I started with, actually hit the downtubes of the frame, so a bit of re-working was in order.
I had to figure out a way to offset the mounting point a bit to get everything to clear, and to get the proper angle of the fairing in relation to the bike, when it was bolted up. I made up a piece to make the mounting tab back-set about 5/8ths of an inch, then tack welded everything up, and tested for fit.
Perfect!
Well, fired up the metal-glue gun and went at it, and after a bit of grindin' and the like, here is what I got-
I'd mount it all up and send some piccies, but I'm droppin' over to one of my neighbors to eat lasagne, and generally pork out on goodies, and watch the Super Bowl. I'll post up some stuff tomorrow and we'll see what
y'all think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (49.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (39.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (50.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (45.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (42.9 KB, 20 views)

just a big ol' Doof.....
Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Well those of us who watched the game, just saw 'Frisco get beat, and the lights go out in Nawlins. I came home, and since I was full of good food, beer and energy I put the fairing on the bike (Her name by the way, is Bottle Rocket)
So, here are the pix. What say you, fellow Doofs? (and zINTs, if you'd like, too)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (75.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 005 (2).jpg (77.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (79.9 KB, 14 views)

just a big ol' Doof.....
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
I gotta admit -- I'm diggin' it

But I'm biased...

Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
So why exactly are you making your Dyne ugly with a shark nose?

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
I gotta admit -- I'm diggin' it

But I'm biased...

Yeah, me too
(Thanks!)

just a big ol' Doof.....
Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
So why exactly are you making your Dyne ugly with a shark nose?

So there.

(Hey, what can I say, I like it, and I'm a Doof)

just a big ol' Doof.....