Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > General Maintenance & Service
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

General Maintenance & Service Doing it yourself or having it done...

Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
RTFM

Can kiss my behind.

2011 FLHTC primary case fill, wet 36 oz, dry 48 oz (if outer cover has been off), service refill 1.4 qt ( as in drain and refill at service intervals?), or maybe if the level is just over the edge of the lower area of the clutch plates is OK.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 07-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Can kiss my behind.

2011 FLHTC primary case fill, wet 36 oz, dry 48 oz (if outer cover has been off), service refill 1.4 qt ( as in drain and refill at service intervals?), or maybe if the level is just over the edge of the lower area of the clutch plates is OK.
I've kind of become the primary and clutch guy around here for our group of cone-riders. I've been into a dozen this year including my own. I think you'll find 48 ounces to be just a little over the lower are of the clutch pack if the primary case is removed. 36 ounces just touches depending on how level the motorcycle is.

When my stator wiring through the engine case seal leaked, it was fixed under warranty. They put one quart in. When I got the motorcycle back, I changed the clutch; draining their newly installed primary oil and measuring it. I asked the dealership why just 32 fl oz. "That's what we put in."

So now, I consider the 32, 36, and 48 ounces as guidelines; and put in enough primary oil that the lower part of the clutch pack is dipping into it.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Page 20 of my 2011 FLHXSE2 owners manual says. Capacity for primary is 1.40 quarts. 1.32 liters

Page 143 says Pour 38 fl. oz (1.12 liters) through the clutch inspection cover when changing primary fluids.

Page 143 "NOTE" says add 45 fl oz (1.33 liters) only if the primary chaincase or primary chaincase over has been removed.

Kimber

Old 07-07-2012, 08:39 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I use a quart plus 6oz when pulling the plug.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!