Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Veterans
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-25-2020, 11:09 AM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Memorial Day 2020

Jerry Wayne Gleghorn
b. 5-25-1947 Tulsa, Oklahoma
d. 2-7-68 Quang Ngai, Vietnam

Jerry Wayne Gleghorn.jpg

Remembering him on this Memorial Day which would've been his 73nd birthday.

He had served in Vietnam a day over two months when he was killed. A fellow soldier wrote this about him on a site called togetherwserved.com.

Jerry Gleghorn was a good friend of mine. I first met him in Hawaii in March, 1967. We were both in the same platoon. He had a great love for country western music and even got me hooked on it. He had a voice you could hear above others and you always knew where he was by his voice. He had a great smile and was always seemed to be in a good mood with a smile on his face. We were shipped out to Viet Nam as our unit was sent in November, 67. I remember very well the day he died and he was the first person to be killed in our company. When he died it shocked me into reality of the real danger that we were all in. Jerry died among friends who mourned his death but we couldn't dwell on his death for very long because we had to concentrate on the dangers that still existed around us. It's been 33 years since he died, but I still remember him very well and miss him. If anyone of his family would like to contact me after reading this feel free to do so. I just wanted to let someone know that I cared and I'll never forget him. In loving memory. R. Joe Easterling 2008

https://army.togetherweserved.com/ar...erson&ID=49996

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:11 PM
Helping with the B.S.

Ol Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I remember and honor over a dozen young friends I served with, fought with and lost back in 1966-67.

Master of Contemplation
Old 05-25-2020, 08:20 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I thought about my dad's cousin (Richard Brown) a couple times this weekend. First Military funeral I ever attended. Not something I'll likely ever forget. Richard perished in a helicopter crash at sea during Vietnam. I don't have the specifics whether they were leaving or returning back to the ship. His is the only name I know on the Wall in DC.

Kimber