Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Where to buy Corbin and width?

Thinking about a Corbin Dual Tourer, for my FLHTCU. Mustang raises you, and I don't want that. I got a Mustang on my FLHR, but its lowered.

So I am kinda thinking about Corbin, but need to do something fast.

Also I see they come with narrow nose. Anybody try one? What are the drawbacks, why aren't they all narrow? I am 5'7", so something for me to think about.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2008, 09:51 PM
GrayRider

Dennis Kirk.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:56 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
The bike I bought off DJ has a corbin Dual Tour. Nice seat, lower than stock I think. I like it, but don't know if it's a narrow nose or not. I'm 5'10" 30" inseam and can touch the ground OK, but not flat footed sitting. I can stand fine with plenty of clearance.

Engine by Otto.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I just looked in DK, didn't see any Corbins. Last year they were selling heated seats for the price or cheaper then stock, should have bought one then. But time was wrong, or I was just dragging my feet. A Corbin seat is a$ much as month of heat in the winter.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Excommunicated

I am 30" too. Buying seats sucks, as much as it is fun to buy bike stuff.

I got my last Mustang off ebay used. Hated hated hated it. Went on trip the day I got it, and got used to it. Raises you up.

Even now, I get on the Mustang, and its rock ass hard, after sitting on Ultra stock seat. But after short time stock Ultra is not so comfy.

Ahhhhh
Old 04-26-2008, 10:19 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
I have a Mustang on my softail and it is narrowed.
I sit lower on it than the stock seat.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Excommunicated

I contacted Mustang, they said you sit 1"-1.5 higher. That is also my experience on the Ultra touring on my Road King.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:39 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I contacted Mustang, they said you sit 1"-1.5 higher. That is also my experience on the Ultra touring on my Road King.
That's about right,... 1" - 1.5" higher, which is okay by me. I have the Mustang two up on my Road King. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam, so I'm flatfooted at a stop. Its a comfortable seat,... comfortable enough for 1000 mile days.

I'm thinking about putting on a solo seat so I'm considering the Corbin solo with the optional passenger pillon like Gray has.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:48 PM
KTWillys

the corbin is nice seat but it does tend to be a little on the hard side...

the narrow is the way to go. 5 10 with 32 inseam and I had the dual tour narrow and it was perfect...
could sit and touch flat footed..
Old 04-26-2008, 10:51 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
They make a close seat, it puts you closer to the handlebars. I had the opppsite problem, the solo seat(and from what I hear, the touring seat) sits you back a little(maybe an inch or so?) it helped me. They are lower.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Excommunicated

Corbin said the seat is lower, but wider stance so evens out. but they can narrow it.

Also where to buy? I haven't seen them in DK or J&P. Heard rumor they were not going to sell to dealers. But that seems odd.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:17 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Call Jenny at Tri-County H-D. 20% off.
On Corbin seats?

Old 04-27-2008, 12:28 PM
8-Ball

I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam...

You will do far better ordering directly from Corbin (Gus at Hollister location). Might cost a bit more, but you get free customization to your body dimensions...

Read this!!!

All answers are contained within'...

Everything done applies to Dual Tour as well...

http://www.doofclenas.com/8-Ball/Seat.html

Last edited by 8-Ball; 04-27-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:37 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post

You will do far better ordering directly from Corbin (Gus at Hollingsworth location). Might cost a bit more, but you get free customization to your body dimensions...

Read this!!!

Thanks Mike. I am looking into this...

Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post

You will do far better ordering directly from Corbin (Gus at Hollister location). Might cost a bit more, but you get free customization to your body dimensions...

Read this!!!

dam. shorter than a sonofabit*h. but always talking smack.