Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

Old 03-18-2007, 03:12 PM
The Doof Clenas

Here are the known Highway 43 locations across the United States.

They are interactive Google Maps which means you can add your location and it will give the the driving directions, mileage, and time to the Highway 43 of your choice.

If you find a Highway 43 not listed here, please add it via a post to this thread and I will update this post to include it.

Thanks...!!!
Megaglide

Credit: LittleBear for starting this thread.

Alabama US 43 - Florence to Mobile (350 miles)
US 43 and State Road 7 are the same from Tuscaloosa to Eutlaw!

Alabama 43

Alabama 43 - County Road through Five Points

Arkansas 43

Arkansas 43 - Harrison
This section of Hwy 43 intersects with Hwy 7.

California 43

California 43 - The Shrine

Colorado 43 - Greeley
Colorado County Road 43 is South East of Greeley and runs north/south past Lower Latham Reservior.

Colorado 43 - Estes Park

Colorado 43 - Del Norte

Connecticut 43

Florida 43 (Renamed 301 - nobody can find a sign on this one)

Florida 437 (Alternate)

Georgia 43

Idaho 43 - Ucon
East of Idaho Falls, South from Ucon ID, to E. Iona Rd, ID 43

Illinois 43
43 runs from Gurnee in the northeastern corner of the state south to highway 30

Indiana 43
NW of Indianapolis, connects Lafayette to Reynolds. IN 43

Southern IN 43
West of Bloomington, connects HWY 46 at McCormicks Creek State Park,in the North, south to HWY 54

Iowa C43

Iowa H43
43 is in a little town called Batavia. Batavia is near the center of the south east quarter of the state.

Iowa J43

Kansas 43 - Original 43 Ride by Luke611

Kansas 43
Runs parallel to US 77 North of Wichita, from Hope north to I70. KS43

Kentucky 43
North of Shelbyville, KS and I-60.

Louisiana 43

Maine 43

Maryland 43 - The Shrine
North of Baltimore in White Marsh, MD. I95 exit 67. Rt 43

Maryland 43

Massachusetts 43

Michigan 43

Michigan 43 - Upper Peninsula
Additional locations depicted in this local map

Minnesota 43
43 runs from Winona south to I-90 in the south eastern corner of the state.

Mississippi 43 (North and 43A)
43A occurs between Arm and Silver Creek (not noted as 43A on map)

Mississippi 43

Missouri 43

Montana 43 - Wisdom
South West corner between Wisdom and Chief Joseph Pass, MT 43

New Hampshire 43

New Jersey 43 - Monmouth County

New York 43 - Albany
NY 43 runs from I-90 just outside Albany to the Massachusetts State line

New York 43 - Long Island

North Carolina 43
NC 43 is in the east side of the state and runs from New Bern north to Greenville, to Rocky Mount all the way to Warrenton.

North Dakota 43

Ohio 43 - Cleveland to Steubenville
OH 43 runs from Cleveland some 130 miles to the hometown of Dean Martin, Steubenville, OH. On it's path, it passes Solon, Kent (home of Kent State University) and Canton (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame).

Oklahoma 43 - Redden
SE corner of State between Stringtown and Daisy, OK 43

Oregon 43 - Portland
Off 205 in Portland between Oregon City and Lake Oswego, OR 43

Pennsylvania 43 - (Pennsylvania Turnpike)
northern section(toll) - starts about 10 miles South of Pittsburgh & continues South & ends just past California, Pa.
southern section - (not toll)starts just South of Uniontown & continues South past Fairchance...then turns into a Toll road for a couple miles...ends a couple miles from the W.V. line @ rt. 857...

Tennessee 43 - Northern - Martin

Tennessee US 43 - Southern - Mt. Pleasant

Texas - 43 Brazoria County

Texas - 43 Corpus Christi
South central Texas, West Of Corpus Christie to Driscoll, TX F&M 43

Texas Park Road 43

Texas 43 - North
Northeast Texas between Henderson and Atlanta, TX 43
Texas 43 Shrine

Virginia 43
South out of Eagle Rock through Bedford to Alta Vista.

Utah 43

Wisconsin I-43
I-43 is in the south east corner and is actually a US Interstate located entirely within Wisconsin.

NEW...!!!

We now have CANADA...

Alberta, Canada 43

British Columbia, Canada 43

Ontario, Canada 43
Note: Hwy 43 connects with TransCanada Hwy 7

Saskatchewan, Canada 43

Old 03-18-2007, 03:19 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Illinois 43 runs from Gurnee in the northeastern corner of the state south to highway 30. Illinois Harley Davidson is on Highway 43.

Engine by Otto.

Last edited by TerryMiller; 03-18-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:23 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Wisconsin 43 is actually a US Interstate located entirely within Wisconsin. It has a Harley-Davidson dealer named after it.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:30 PM
GazintA

Iowa 43 is in a little town called Batavia. Batavia is near the center of the south east quarter of the state.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:33 PM
GazintA

Minnesota 43 runs from Winona south to I-90 in the south eastern corner of the state.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Jams

Montana
Attached Images
File Type: gif montana.gif (30.1 KB, 235 views)
Old 03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Virginia 43 - little more info

Virginia 43 - Go South on I-81 from Winchester until you hit Buchanan, VA (~150 miles), 43 goes WSW toward Bedford or WNW toward Eagle Rock, VA.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 03-23-2007, 01:49 PM
8-Ball

Indiana - connects Reynolds to Lafayette

Indiana - Route 43
Old 03-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
NY 43 runs from I-90 just outside Albany to the Massachusettes State line

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 03-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
OH 43 runs from Cleveland some 130 miles to the hometown of Dean Martin, Steubenville, OH. On it's path, it passes through my hometown (Solon), Kent (home of Kent State University) and Canton (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame).

Would like to do this end to end someday.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Last edited by Scabbydoo; 03-23-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:01 PM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
Kansas 43

It actually goes north to I-70. I couldn't get the map to highlight the extra few miles.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
There is one in martin TN................

and one south of Nashville TN............

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 03-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
There is one in martin TN................

and one south of Nashville TN............
Please provide more info on the one south of Nashville, all I find is 431.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Here it is.............

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkvator View Post
Pennsylvania
northern section(toll) - starts about 10 miles South of Pittsburgh & continues South & ends just past California, Pa.

southern section - (not toll)starts just South of Uniontown & continues South
past Fairchance...then turns into a Toll road for a couple miles...ends a couple miles from the W.V. line @ rt. 857...

http://www.state-ends.com/paends/state/43.html

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep