Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 02-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Have To Be A Little Daft.....

And a touch soft in the head, to tear into a older home where some "handyman" has done the finish on a basement. We bought this house from a city of Kelowna building inspector, who prided himself in his skills as a wanna be contractor. I smelled BS right away, but the house needed work and was priced cheap with his impending divorce and all...

The upstairs we have almost completed, with none other than a few suprises, but you can sure tell where this scab picked up the tools in the basement. Just wanted to upgrade to decora plugs and switches for the new gym, such a simple thing and what a pain in the ass.
Instead of splicing in the box he went in and out with the quick wire system on the receptacle, nice and illegal, needed to splice and pigtail everything in the box. Had to pull another feed, so 20 plugs and lights weren't on a circut...... The most minor but irritating of all, he must have had the plugs on before drywall went up, you can see how he routered around the receptacle tabs, causing the plugs to be recessesd to the box not the board and having wall plates all distorted and sucked in looking like ass. Fiddling around with washers forever to get the spacing off the box right, had to come up and type and give my knees a minute.

The laziness not to be able to pull the plugs free from the box to board is pretty amazing to me. The length that some people go thru to scab work together Ahh, well - only took me 7 years to get to it

Rant over, carry on;
Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plug 002.jpg (46.3 KB, 48 views)
Old 02-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well, he could have run an extension cord from an existing outlet over to a outlet box attached to the wall.

It'd been circuit breakered then.

My daughter is in a rental, the plugs in the kitchen trip the breaker if she tries to use a toaster.

Owner says it's normal...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 02-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quit yer whinin and get back on your knees.

Oh wait, wrong forum.....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 02-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
He could've built the shower around the breaker box.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 02-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
...I'll trade your wall outlets for my bathroom...
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 02-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Bathroom tiles being lifted by tree roots.

Yep, it's normal...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 02-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
With my almost 100 year old house, I have to laugh.

Nothing was done that will be code today. Every little fix ends up costing hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. I've learned to live with some things I'd rather not live with.

With that said, I had to swap out the faucet set in the kitchen yesterday.

I'll be in pain for a couple of days but it works fine and I didn't break anything just a little further on down the line so I am happy.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Well, he could have run an extension cord from an existing outlet over to a outlet box attached to the wall.

It'd been circuit breakered then.

My daughter is in a rental, the plugs in the kitchen trip the breaker if she tries to use a toaster.

Owner says it's normal...

At least the breaker is doing it's job on overload, when the bi-metallic strips in the breaker get tired from repeated overloads, then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cheese View Post
Quit yer whinin and get back on your knees.

Oh wait, wrong forum.....
You sick MoFo, back to the dungeon with you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
He could've built the shower around the breaker box.
Can't fix braindead......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyD View Post
...I'll trade your wall outlets for my bathroom...
I feel your pain Timmy, but I've done all 3 bathrooms in my house and reno'd the hell out of all the houses I owned to get a leg up in the market. Me and sweat equity are well aquainted. Best of luck Dude, and I thought you where finished??.... WTH Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero View Post
With my almost 100 year old house, I have to laugh.

Nothing was done that will be code today. Every little fix ends up costing hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. I've learned to live with some things I'd rather not live with.

With that said, I had to swap out the faucet set in the kitchen yesterday.

I'll be in pain for a couple of days but it works fine and I didn't break anything just a little further on down the line so I am happy.
That's a ordeal I don't want to experience anytime soon! I'm glad your sortie was succesful and no further collaterall damage was incured!!.....

Dirk
Old 02-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Keeper - Awful Secret

rangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milk
Wiring and electrical is not a good place to save money.

Jay