Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Classics
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Classics The Basement at its best! You may continue to post to existing threads, but please refrain from adding any new threads. Thank you !!!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 PM
On the road to Shambala

Kilrain has failed to amuse us
I was standing in my living room, putting on my uniform, getting ready for court. The TV was on but muted. My wife saw the replay of the first plane hitting and we turned the sound on and listened. As I continued to get ready, I distinctly remember telling my wife to note that, while it had been hit by a passenger plane, it was still standing and should continue to do so. I was sure it would.

Then the second plane hit the second tower and I knew something was wrong.

Then I went to work/court and the towers collapsed while I was waiting in the hallway. I didn't know until lunchtime, no phones allowed even in the halls at the time.

Then things were weird for quite some time..............

Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
I was in Saudi Arabia coming up on the end of my 30 days in the hole. It was my fifth or sixth trip that year. We had just come in from kicking the shit out of Saddam all morning enforcing the southern no fly zone. I walked into my Ops Officer's/Chief's office just in time to see the second plane hit. It got real just after that. Carrying around MOPP gear, body armor while travelling in a vehicle. 7 hours earlier, we'd been relaxed and routine. Now we had checkpoints when exiting from "ops town" and when we arrived to the side of the base where we lived. Our replacements were at BWI when the shit hit the fan. They didn't come in for another 2 weeks or so.

The day of and couple days after, noone did anything but sit in front of the TV watching the aftermath. Sleep just didn't happen.......

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.