Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2020, 11:03 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
TBW Limp mode issues

As the title said, at 11K now and am having my first issues with the 2020 Standard Glide. A couple three weeks and 1K ago I experienced a short glitch with my throttle by wire. It went into 3rd stage limp mode as I was leaving a local indy bike nite. I turned around and faked my way back to the shop. We twisted the throttle back, (not sure if ign. was on or off as we were both fudging with it. It cleared up and I went about my way. It took a day and several start and stops for the engine light to go off
Forward to this morning. I step out to roll over to the north side of the Rock and upon starting the bike falls right into limp mode. The service writer talked me through finding any codes, and we came up with a TBW sensor. Service guy says they have had some connectors vibrate loose. I told him of the previous incident and how we may have corrected it, and he said that wasn't the way to do it but did not elaborate on the correct way if in fact their is a way to reset the TBW.
So, I hope someone here has had some dealings with this in some way that might could share some enlightenment. Another funny one yet is I ordered the service manual for this year and model a few months ago. Now is the first time I have needed it for reference. So, I pick it up and within the first couple of pages I realize the F Tards at the parts department ordered and sold me the parts catalog. don't get me wrong, I would have ordered one anyway, just not that day. Loosing more faith daily
The scoot is at the Stealer now for this and its 10K service.

BoB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology

Tags
TBW, Throttle, Throttle By Wire