Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Double-D

K ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sock
Danny Gray...

Anybody have any experience with these seats? People on other forums that shall not be mentioned here seem to have good things to say about them but I have never seen them discussed here. I actually put in an order for a seat from Corbin yesterday but when they called today to confirm it I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling from them. They have no idea when they will be able to start production on it because they have no 2014 bikes to use as a template. When I asked when they would they said "hopefully soon." After that it would be 6 to 8 weeks to make the seat. The guy I talked to was less than helpful and proceeded to act like the modifications that I asked for due to my lack of height would probably be more trouble than the inch to inch and a half of reach that I would gain. Might not seem like much to him but that little bit is the difference between being able to flat foot at a stop and just balancing. Any input would be helpful. Thanks all.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
He's been making seats for a long time. I've never ridden on one, but reputation is good. But then, some like what others don't.

Russell Day-longs are customizable as well. http://www.day-long.com/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 09-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Double-D, MLA III, CLS

BluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A buddy at work rides a Danny Gray.

He has a really nasty hip issue and it is comfortable for that

@$^&#/(*^#^43> 41

Droid Galaxy SIII is pretty nice

Oil, heat, vibration and noise.

At work, oil analysis, thermography, vibration analysis, and ultrasonics.

At play, Harley.

Same same, right?

Only 43 more states to go!

Remember, never make a straight on a left hand bridge.

It WILL leave a mark.

Last edited by BluesFan; 09-17-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
To me, it's a good thing that Corbin's being up front about needing a 2014 template. You want your seat to fit right.

I think they're the best seats out there.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 09-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Double-D

K ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
To me, it's a good thing that Corbin's being up front about needing a 2014 template. You want your seat to fit right.

I think they're the best seats out there.
I am not upset with the fact that they need a template, although I do think that they should have one by now, considering that is kind of what they make their money on. What I don't like is the uncertainty of when I could get a seat from them. Best case scenario is 2-3 months from now. That and the attitude of the guy I spoke with. I really think he just wanted me to cancel the order right there so he didn't have to deal with it. He may get what he wants but for now it is on hold. I can ride the bike with the stock seat but I am not 100 percent comfortable at a stop. I also need the forward reach to lessen the stress on my upper back. If I ride more than a short distance I get a burning sensation between my shoulder blades. I am torn between wanting the best seat I can get and settling for a seat that may not be as comfortable but gives me the reach I need just because I can get it quicker. I do like that the Danny Grays offer an air or gel option. I am going to contact them today with some questions.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
You have the template. Now all you need is the guy with the right foam and some skill to shape to your needs.
What about the mean city seats company?