Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Tins, Body Work, & Paint
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
Saddlebag Lid Damaged

So....one of the lids was damaged. A small chunk of plastic was removed from a corner. The bike was custom painted Harley Redhot Sunglo with very subtle, dark ghost flames. There is one on the lid but not very noticeable. I'm checking with the painter on repairing it. I thought maybe I'd be able to find a used lid in the same color that will fit a 2008 Streetglide. I searched online/Ebay to no avail. Most are different colors or made for speakers, which I don't want. Maybe cheaper to buy one primed and have it painted.
I was wonder if anyone might have a source or better idea.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Small Chip.jpg (28.9 KB, 81 views)
Old 08-31-2017, 02:00 AM
Hangaround

ljadon34 has failed to amuse us
Any update? Where did you get a replacement?
Old 09-01-2017, 02:34 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A nice cover up until it's resolved

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 09-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
I got lucky when I broke a saddlebag lid several years ago at a gas station. A pair of matching lids appeared on eBay for $100 each. (2013 schoolbus yellow with sparkles). I bought both of them.

If you're thinking about painting one to match, think about just buying a used on to fit and have a professional do the prep and paint. Might be cheaper than new from HD, primed.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Zintaround

pa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suck
Bud,
Ronnie's Harley shows painted ones in Crimson Red Sunglo HERE. but they don't show Red Hot Sunglo.

The 2009's lists Red Hot Sunglo HERE

and I found this ....

Here are the PPG codes for Red hot sunglow
Base; 922609
Candy; 922609-2

Any PPG suplier can mix these colors for you down to an ounce{most require a half pint minimum perchase}.They may also be available through Dupont,Diamont,Sikkens,Basf..I personaly have had the best results with PPG.Make sure you ask your local shop what paint line they use.Also, who ever paints your parst should be given a piece for comparisen.The base is the gold, the Candy top coat will change upon every additional coat.Nice to have a piece to match.

Last edited by pa-glazier; 09-01-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
Thanks all! I found a lid in matching red hot sunglo. The original had a ghost flame so it doesn't match perfectly but will do until I'm ready to have it painted to match. I will need to have the fairing painted again too as a friend decided to do quick right turn without signaling. I traded painted with his fairing.