Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-27-2021, 05:49 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
6-27-21 WV Ride

Scoping out a route to WV for the RV. The fun way is Rte. 33 over 3 ridge lines. That however, is not the route to take the RV. The RV route will be Rte. 55 to 48 and over the top through Parsons and down to Elkins WV where I'll be camping over the 4th of July weekend.

First half of the day was scouting, and mostly 4 lane, or improved 2 lane roads. Not that I didn't have a little fun, and likely a little quicker than it can be done in the RV.

The second half of the day was having fun on 33, 28, 220 and some even smaller roads.

Pop up thunderstorms did cause a route change. I was going to come home on 48 to 259 back into Virginia and over 211. However, the storms just east of Petersburg were converging on my projected route. Having been in that area before, I knew better.

For those who partook in the 2019 WV trip, I had lunch at Cheetah B's. This time I had a half rack of ribs and grilled shrimp. It was delicious. However, the AC inside could have been much better, and they were apparently understaffed. Took me an hour to get and eat my meal.

At least it gave me time to monitor the thunderstorms and plan my detour.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ride Today.pdf (198.8 KB, 8 views)

Kimber

Old 06-28-2021, 11:00 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice.

We should go back to holy smoke cabins sometime soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 06-28-2021, 11:52 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
Nice.

Smoke Hole.

Rode by there yesterday just after 12 pm. Not sure what the check out time is, but there were only 6 cars in the place. Could be they were out enjoying the day or already headed home. It was interesting that the number of bikes I saw was pretty low. Even at Yokum's there were only 5 bikes in the lot. Not the dozen to 20 or more around lunch.

Maybe it was too hot...

Kimber

Old 06-28-2021, 05:22 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
Nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I'd love to..... maybe in September?

Border might be open by then.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 06-28-2021, 07:15 PM
Original Delinquent

September would be nice temps.

Kimber

Old 06-30-2021, 06:44 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Sounds like a good day was had. Much better than my mandatory training