Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Handlebars, Grips, Cables...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Known Associate

TBD has failed to amuse us
See? Now that even looks comfortable. As far as I know, because of the type of triple trees that are on my bike, I don't think there are any pullback risers that will fit my particular year/ model. '09 fxdb dyna street bob

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Known Associate

TBD has failed to amuse us
I wanted to get curved pullback risers and drag bars to drop my hands down some, try to alleviate the hand numbness.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Haha leave it to Noodles to post the pic of the bike.

Fuel injection is neat, but my bike has more soul.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Q.A.S. View Post
Haha leave it to Noodles to post the pic of the bike.

Fuel injection is neat, but my bike has more soul.
You on that would look like R0B0 a year ago~

®
Old 08-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
Except with 100 extra pounds!

Old 08-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
So Dirk, what did you get? I'm installing the monkey bars when I get home from my trip....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Nice choice! I went a little more tradional with the Wild 1's WO612 Outlawz apes.... 12" high, 8.5" pull back, 33" wide. I have to watch it for interference from going too high, as my fairing doesn't move..

Dirk
Old 08-25-2012, 12:47 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
Nice choice! I went a little more tradional with the Wild 1's WO612 Outlawz apes.... 12" high, 8.5" pull back, 33" wide. I have to watch it for interference from going too high, as my fairing doesn't move..

Dirk
I went with 12's. They are comfortable, I rode a friends bike with the same bars. I've see RGs with insanely high bars. Just took away from the look of the bike.

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Northeastern Doofdom

I can get away with adding apes on mine because I can remove the fairing. On a RG, they look kinda silly.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
If I can add my 2 cents worth... I've got an fxdb street bob with factory "baby apes" which put my arms in a near horizontal position. I get hand numbness quite regularly while riding. I'm only 5' 8" so that might have something to do with it. I don't have to reach particularly far for the bars, and with the highway pegs, I can ride in several positions (higher, lower, laid back, or more upright aggressive) so, if you've never had apes, I would suggest taking out a friends ride that has apes, and see if it doesnt happen to you before plunking down big cash and reconfiguring your whole front wiring setup for something that looks good....just sayin'...
If your arms are straight and you have to reach for your grips, that is probably a major source of the numbness. Went from the stock short reach bars on mine to bikini beach with a lot more pull back to relax my arm position and it worked wonders.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 08-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
20" overall. Very comfy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1345929800550.jpg (6.4 KB, 37 views)
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 08-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Known Associate

Inspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thought
On my Street Glide I am going with Klockwerks Ergo Back bars. They are back and up some compared to the stock bars.

On my Street Bob I still run the factory mini apes and they suit me well.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Northeastern Doofdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Q.A.S. View Post
I can get away with adding apes on mine because I can remove the fairing. On a RG, they look kinda silly.
Saw this guy in the parking lot. Yeah, no.