Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Our Fine Sponsors > LDMC Graphic Novel
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

LDMC Graphic Novel From the unsound mind of yolkum

Old 05-13-2016, 06:13 PM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Thumbs up Free 5-page preview of the LDMC #1

Hey everybody, just wanted to share the first five pages of issue #1 with ya before the Kickstarter on May 22.

Just click this link (PREVIEW COMIC PAGES) to be taken to the Dropbox download page. No need to sign in or create and account. Just click the download button in the upper right of the screen to get your digital copy or you can read it directly on the site.

Thanks again for all the help you guys have given as I built this thing up.

I'll also be giving away a free 8 page b&w comic to anyone that visits the Kickstarter page. The short story revolves around the Throng MC member Little Pig and his link to the story in issue 1.

Josh
Attached Images
File Type: png 8a54bfae-5fb5-4896-ac05-f2a4ea267094.png (70.5 KB, 27 views)

Old 05-13-2016, 06:15 PM
DD

yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Here're a couple screen shots of pages from the b&w free comic that is part of the Kickstarter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ISSUE01P004-nowords.jpg (83.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg LDMC-nowords.jpg (90.7 KB, 26 views)

Old 05-13-2016, 06:26 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
They are talking too quietly. I can't hear them.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 05-13-2016, 06:27 PM
DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero View Post
They are talking too quietly. I can't hear them.
it's a choose yer own adventure. You have to write the dialog!

Old 05-13-2016, 06:35 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Just out of curiosity -- What is this kick starter thing? How does that work for you? Or maybe, what do you expect out of it?

I'm old and somewhat confused about the whole thing so just keep it simple (or ignore me).

--Bob Dylan
Old 05-13-2016, 06:35 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolkum View Post
it's a choose yer own adventure. You have to write the dialog!
I'll work on that.

--Bob Dylan
Old 05-13-2016, 06:45 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Even I've owned a bike with a kick starter.

Oh! Wait, what...?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 05-13-2016, 07:27 PM
DD

Quote:
Just out of curiosity -- What is this kick starter thing? How does that work for you? Or maybe, what do you expect out of it?

I'm old and somewhat confused about the whole thing so just keep it simple (or ignore me).

It's a crowd funding site. So it turns anyone interested in a project into an investor at whatever pledge level they want to support. Mine will run anywhere from $1 pledge to a $1600 pledge level. Each pledge level has its particular rewards that the backers get if it succeeds

So this is the Kickstarter Comic Book section. That's where my project will show up on the 22.

I'm trying to get enough folks to support me to print a thousand copies of my first issue when funded. I need to raise $2350.00 to cover the printing, fees, and packaging. It's an all or nothing deal, though. So I get about 30 days for the campaign, and if I haven't hit my goal by the end, then it fails, and nobody gets charged. Then it's back to the drawing board.

It's a great place to self-publish, but everyone I've talked to that's done one has told me that it is a brutal experience. Extremely time-consuming and labor intensive. So far I have to agree. I've been working on this for three months straight getting ready for launch, and I'm sprinting now to finalize all the last minute parts to be ready.

I'm looking forward to a nice long motorcycle ride when this is all done and put to bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 8.13.48 PM.jpg (55.5 KB, 23 views)

Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 PM
DD

here's more info from it.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Okay...

So how does one send (pledge) money, via pay pal? or some other form of plastic?

Can you mail stamps to the place?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 05-13-2016, 08:47 PM
DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Okay...

So how does one send (pledge) money, via pay pal? or some other form of plastic?

Can you mail stamps to the place?
Credit card, at least that's how I've paid for kickstarters I've supported in the past. Not sure about paypal.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:30 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Okay. thanks for that.

I didn't see anything about a quarter or a half a dollar.

--Bob Dylan
Old 05-15-2016, 03:56 PM
DD

Quote:
Okay. thanks for that.

Ok, slow it down Mr. Jingles

Old 05-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Okay. thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolkum View Post

Ok, slow it down Mr. Jingles
No Mas Dinero aka Mr. Jingles.....

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:07 PM
DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
No Mas Dinero aka Mr. Jingles.....
my work here is done...

Tags
comic book, janes, LDMC, lost dogs mc, Yolkum