Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MoCo
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MoCo The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:44 AM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
that won't work for the fat old jews.....
maybe if they paint them all purple?

Old 12-21-2011, 10:07 AM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
I imagine the conversation in the limo from the game Full Throttle is much like the ones at the harley boardroom.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent1 View Post
They're going to have to change how they market the bike. Before I bought mine, I associated baggers with old white guys with money who can't ride for shit. Of course that isn't true, but perceptions are everything.

Look at it like this: VW makes the Beetle. When most people see it, they instantly think chick car. That might've been fine initially, but if they want to expand the market to men, they need to change how the car is marketed. Little things, like more horsepower and edgier styling might help. And most men probably don't care for the flower vase inside either.

This is what Harley is trying to do. I'll admit that I get a few curious stares every now and then. Even my girlfriend gave me the side eye when she first saw me on it.

So how do they change this perception? If they want more minorities to buy their products, they're going to have to market to minorities. Chrysler does this. Look at their commercials. They film them in Detroit in black neighborhoods with black actors, and they offer accessories that black people like such as 20" wheels on their Charger/300 sedans. At the same time, the cars appeal to a larger demographic as well, and Chrysler has figured out how to capture one demographic without alienating the other. Harley has already started with their Iron Legends campaign. They also need to market their products in places that minorities frequent, with minorities in the ad placement, not mention do marketing at events like Black Bike Week and other similar type functions.

It can be done, but the changes won't happen immediately.

So I guess they'll be marketing a slammed Ultra for the Mexicans?

LOL...Just thinking about Russ on one of these...Playing with the hydraulics.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:16 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You won't get that on a ****** bee me er

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Last edited by y2kflhr; 12-21-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Whatever tack they take will be interesting and so will the mix of PC bullshit and handling of stereotypes.

Successful blacks in my area are often indistinguishable from their white counterparts. Well-educated, white collar, similar dress, homes, cars, etc. Dunno some of the urban stereotypes are going to appeal to them.

Ditto some of the Hispanic stereotypes. Dunno if business types are going to be into a slammed SG.

IMHO, education and economics often trumps ethnicity in many instances.

BWTKDIK
Old 12-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.F.O. View Post
So I guess they'll be marketing a slammed Ultra for the Mexicans?
The Mexicans are already covered.Samson does offer the Chollo line of exhaust. Add 18" apes and bam - you're done.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk