Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Cloud Riders > General Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

General Talk It's "tawk", sweet cheeks.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
CloudMobile Ride Report

It's been a month as of tomorrow. I've got about 1,500 miles on it and I ride almost every day, at least a little.

I've got about a 400 mile round tripper planned for next weekend and I ain't skeered.

The only issue I have is on sharp right turns at intersections and I think that will be corrected when I put the car brake pedal back on. Braking and downshifting help on left turns but both fight you on right turns. I end up making the turn too slowly (I think) dealing with down shifting and braking and steering into the effect while wanting to go the other direction. I have to deal with the clutch, the throttle, the brakes (and those damn curbs) all at the same time. The car brake will help me pivot on right turns. I just need to fabricate a plate to bring the pedal up a little higher in line with the bike's pedal.

The push pull on the handle bars is getting easier and I have pretty much relaxed my death grip on the grips. That was one of my throttle problems. Holding on too tight to the throttle grip in turns provides some interesting highlights. The push-pull would turn my wrist a little.

Those 50 mph curves that I used to take at 70 are a thing of the past. I ride a whole lot closer to the speed limit now. I'm looking forward to the Cloud Riders Run next May to see how I do in the twisties and if I can keep up. Glad I have a little more time for experience and to build up a little muscle before then. Riding those roads that I am familiar with will be very helpful.

Ann has been my only people passenger on a longer ride (Ricky -- you might lose a riding partner this next Spring ) and she says it rides fine. I need to adjust the car suspension a little and she says a mirror for the passenger would be nice. Adding a passenger makes it much harder work with the additional drag and drops my mileage about 5 mpg, but the right passenger could make that all worthwhile and just the fact that I am still riding daily is worth the extra cost.

I stopped at an Indie in Killeen last weekend who installs sidecars. He is one of the few in the area that can appreciate a rig beyond the cool, old school look. He was very impressed with the engineering, stability and entire setup. Kudos to Ricky and the team. He was more interested in asking me questions about the rig than answering mine. It was a great visit.

I sometimes have to add additional time to my journeys as the rig attracts a lot of attention in some circles. The curiosity effect is sometimes off of the charts. Luckily I am known for my willingness to sit and visit with interesting folks. A couple of old timers and especially one guy from England have been very interesting to talk to and to listen to about their experiences.

Did you notice that I said that I ride almost every day? That's a far cry from the three times I rode it from May to July. I have to tell you that I really love this rig. It has been a life changer for me and got me back out where I need to be.

The 96 ci can work pretty hard so I am using just a little bit of oil in this heat but it doesn't seem too bad. I'm fixing to break 80,000 miles on the bike and it has never used any oil so between the mileage and the extra load, it is probably understandable. I'll keep an eye on it and do a complete fluid change pretty soon. All critical fasteners are holding up nicely and the action of the rig is fluid. Given about ten to twelve feet I can spin it around pretty quickly.

Parking is much easier and the rig pushes pretty easily. I think Ricky compared it to a heavily loaded shopping cart. On the level ground. It is still 1,100 pounds so I try to avoid parking it downhill. I ain't that young anymore.

All in all I am very happy and still out In The Wind and still enjoying life.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 08-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A most outstanding write up!
I'm so very thrilled that it has allowed you to keep riding. That is its sole purpose and it sounds like it's a win-win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 08-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Helping with the B.S.

Ol Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Staying in the wind is healthy , on so many levels.

Master of Contemplation
Old 08-03-2015, 01:24 PM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Just outdamnstanding! I'm so happy to her you are getting out daily and enjoying the rig.

And I'm guessing the extra attention you're getting ain't hurtin' you a bit.

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider
Old 08-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

You gonna take me to the donut store in it when I get back to Texas?

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita View Post

You gonna take me to the donut store in it when I get back to Texas?
Sure.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 08-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Way to go!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin