Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MotoCamping
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MotoCamping A forum where we swap campground reviews, trip reports, equipment reviews, bike packing, safety, NF, SF, State and National Park reviews, blahblahblah...

Old 07-07-2016, 09:50 AM
gAZINTAs

lil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Very cool, thanks for sharing.

"Before you begin to give someone a piece of your mind, consider carefully whether you can spare any."
A. unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
My intentions were honorable.
I can't wait to dishonor my intentions.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Great stuff!! More pictures!!!!

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-08-2016, 09:43 AM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Very nice, but I'm done sleeping on the ground.
Motorcycle camping (or any camping for that matter) isn't for everyone. We enjoy a nice cool, dry hotel room with a real bed, TV, etc as well. But camping is special.

We get into a routine: Ride all day and stop at sights to be tourists, take lots of pictures, eat at good places; and then get to our campground and pitch our tents and stow the overnight gear before eating a good dinner. Next day, without any cues, everyone has packed up, taken down tents, and packed the motorcycles for another day at approximately the same time (around 8 AM). We go have a good breakfast and then off again for another day of adventure.

The hard part is coming home and getting back to life in the real world. It takes me about a week to go through the withdrawals.

A few more pictures:

Our other unscheduled delay at 9,500 ft in the rain, only 5 miles from our stop at Matterhorn Campground near Telluride. Another motorcyclist was on a brand new Harley Road King, on his way to Washington state, I believe he said.

And here's the reason for the 2 hour road delay #2:

The road washed out some 20 to 25 cars ahead of us. It might have been a big surprise had the traffic not stopped before we got there.

We meet the nicest people along the way, Garret was one of the night crew at The Inn at Lost Creek in Mountain Village. He told us that he'd just bought a 650cc motorcycle and was learning how to ride it on the streets. (everyone we meet has a motorcycle story)

The next day was supposed to be a picture day. We rode from Telluride, up to Ridgeway, down to Ouray, Silverton, Durango on the Million Dollar Highway, all in the rain. Dan taught us how to ride extreme twisties in the rain. I didn't take any pictures.
By the time we got to Durango, the wet roads had been forgotten. There's plenty of traction.
We ducked out of the rain and into the desert for a second unscheduled motel for the night in Bloomfield, New Mexico.

I don't know why the pictures aren't posting. Did it the same way as all the rest.

Ken

Last edited by Ken R; 07-08-2016 at 01:08 PM.