Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Sturgis
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Pull to the west

Soon will start seeing the loaded down bikes heading west, while I sit home. I know everyone here is to cool for Sturgis, but I wish I was going this year.

Coming from this part of the country, you start seeing a few loaded down bikes, by the Dells. More and more as you cross MN. By the time you hit Sioux Falls, its bikes roaring everywhere. Then there is that last 400 miles, doing 90mph across the plains, with nothing but bikes on either side of you.

It's a pilgrimage, I was wanting to make for years. Was supposed to go with a guy, who knew a place. He then backed out, as people tend to do. Week before my Dad says to me, I was riding cross country alone at your age. So I packed up and headed out there. 944 miles, in around 14 hours. I was gonna try and find a place to stay in Sioux Falls, but it was only 3pm. So I just kept going.

This part of country doesn't get the bike bike events, five bikes at bar is alot. I hit Sturgis about dusk. Bikes roaring all over, I was like a wide eyed kid, in a candy store.

I still remember some green custom bike. We passed each other many times over hundreds of miles. Young guy with an oil bottle shoved in his handlebars and ball of unrolled sleeping bag or tent bungeed on the back.

Watched a storm on the horizon, something cool to see on the plains, until it hits you. Actually shifted by bike over a couple times. I was getting ready to just put it in the ditch, and wait for someone to help get it out. But the storms move fast out there. By the time I found a place to pull over, it was past. I still got a shouted a few minutes of obsenities. Most holy **** holy ****ing ****.

The next morning I was in the Sidehack having eggs and beer before 8am. It was cold that year, I wasn't prepared, and to cheap to buy winter gloves that I had at home, dumbass. One night dipped below freezing. Had to pile my leathers on top of the sleeping bag to staywarm. Had my jacket on the hole time I was there. Was able to skip the lines to take a shower, since I didn't sweat to much, and got to play dirty biker.

You can go Strugis off rally, but it will be like being in a wild west ghost town, and seeing the images of the past in the shadows, the smell of whisky in the air.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
cool story, where's it from?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 07-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
There is a fair amount of traffic through La Crosse during Sturgis as we're just off I-90.

Maybe someday.

Maybe not.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cheese View Post
cool story, where's it from?
The Berserker Chronicles.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Big Double-D

bigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suck
on sale at bookstores everywhere...lol
Old 07-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Excommunicated

Bargain bin.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Private Joker. Thinks he's Mickey Spillane.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Excommunicated

Is that you John Wayne?
Old 07-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Razor

griffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sock
you didn't mention anything about mama or trains or trucks or prison or gettin drunk !!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Doof Clenas Member

HarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
biker types scare me...
Old 07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That is one long boring stretch of interstate between Sioux Falls and Rapid City. Although there is the Corn Palace to liven up the trip.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
That is one long boring stretch of interstate between Sioux Falls and Rapid City. Although there is the Corn Palace to liven up the trip.
Doesn't really bother me, cause its differant then what I normally see. No corn. Plus I am usually kinda excited to get there and all the bikes. But ya its 400 miles of the same thing. Thats why I don't take state highways. Do you want more of the same thing, for longer?
Old 07-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Don't the Black Hills get boring after a while? Once you've been there...
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Excommunicated

Theres alot of there. But yes they do. I just stop over for a day or two, before moving on. Which is what I planned on doing for ES.

But there really is alot more out there then ES.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
How long before you're back in the saddle again, Mike? Is the foot doing good?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.