Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
FINALLY! A proper ride

We left home Saturday morning and rode the backroads from Casper to Hardin, Mt., including a side jaunt through Ucross that was beautiful- green, lush, lots of hills and winding roads. We'd hoped to get hold of Rangerider and meet him and Amy for a Montana ride on Sunday, but Jay works his butt off during the summer so I wasn't too surprised to miss his message answering mine. This fall, right, Jay?

We visited Roy's aunt in Hardin, then took a little backroad through the Crow reservation that neither of us had ridden before, then south through Bridger and Belfry. More gorgeous country and neat roads- we even managed to find a gas station on the res before Maggie started gasping for nourishment. She is geared lower than Roy's bike (Peter H*nda) and uses an extra half gallon of gas over what he uses in a hundred miles or so. We stayed with our son on Sunday night and watched him work with what used to be the Demon Horse from Hell but has mellowed out some with good handling. They only had one western moment when the dumb horse freaked out at the sound of the rope tapping the corral fence.

Sunday's ride was short since we stayed in Clark to play with The World's Finest Grandson untl early afternoon. It was so damned hot that we stopped in Thermopolis about 3:30 Monday evening and spent the day sprawled on the bed in front of the air conditioner. Saturday and Sunday were hotter than a ten dollar Rolex (the time and temp tower at Bridger said 105 at six o'clock Sunday evening) but today was twenty degrees cooler, making the ride through Wind River Canyon a honey.

I'm going to have to change my name to Backroad Margarita since I can't manage to take a trip that doesn't involve a minimum of a couple dozen miles of gravel or dirt. We ignore "motorcycles advised to take alternate route" signs as a matter of course around here since alternate routes usually add a hundred miles and have the same signs posted. We live on a dirt road, as does my son, so we're stuck with a few sections of dirt no matter what we do.

Anyway, we collected a few more possible routes for 2013. While on the res road, we covered a hundred miles and saw exactly one truck between Xavier and Pryor. Ahhhhhhh.

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 06-27-2012, 06:18 AM
gAZINTAs

NotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Do you have any pics of the area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
June Bug
Woman of a Thousand Names

*Basically whatever you want to call me.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Great ride report!

Now Margarita, I know that you rode through many picturesque areas on this trip. Wind River Canyon down into Thermopolis being one of my faves. So, what's up with holding out on the scenery?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (51.5 KB, 28 views)

Greg
Old 06-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have a confession to make. I carried my camera every foot of the trip... in my saddlebag. I get so interested in what I'm seeing and experiencing that I never think to take the camera out.

I promise to do better, but part of the problem is pictures don't do the scenery justice.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:04 PM
gAZINTAs

NotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I'll be up there in a bit over a week. Going to check out Yellowstone and Crow Agency (Memorial of Little Bighorn) on the way to SD (gotta see Crazy Horse and Mt Rushmore). I'll let ya know what I see too.
June Bug

Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Mind the thorns

I'll be here until the 10th of July. Think you can make it by? I'll give you the number on the roads we took through the Crow res- good country as long as you don't wave a 7th cavalry flag.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:08 PM
gAZINTAs

Leaving on the 4th. Should be in Casper on the 8th at the latest. I'll PM ya my number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
June Bug

Old 06-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Mind the thorns

Received! I can hold off leaving for California until the 10th, but no later than that, so the 8th is good timing.