Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
[QUOTE=TimmyD;1283497BRMikey, I can either dig up / find some cargo straps or buy 'em at Lowes. If you want to make this pick up on Friday morning (Pat H-D opens at 1000) so's to not spend a Sat. on this, I'll be up for it. I'll buy lunch & stuff too.
[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with straps Timmy, between Warren, Wayne and myself we have plenty. There's a bunch of options on who/when we'll make time to go get it.

Kimber

Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
just drag it behind the truck its all junk now anyway
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by dippsy View Post
just drag it behind the truck its all junk now anyway
Ha-ha...youze Daves are funny guys....

...but looks are not everything...:
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 11-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyD View Post

That's gonna leave a mark.

Kimber

Old 11-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Can you use any of the junk parts for your car?

Would be an upgrade no?

Old 11-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Double-D

J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:

"Youse" is spelled with an s.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:16 PM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.F.O. View Post

Would be an upgrade no?
yes
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Quote:
"Youse" is spelled with an s.
...it is spelled with a 'z' by all themz rich Yorkies in Manhatten, or so I am told.
Quote:
Would be an upgrade no?
I already put a stock chrome HD muffler on my '99 Metro.
...I'll be damned if'fin the state of Virginia didn't raise my personal property tax on that car....they sez I made it into a custom chevy.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 11-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

SlowHound picked up my bike from Patriot H-D today.
They gave him some static - I'll let him expand on that if he chooses.

They also lightened my wallet by $525 dollars which includes $350 they charged me for 14 days of 'storage' fees.
I am not bitter, they are a business out to make money. They just should not charge more than $10 / day to store a bike for someone who is already dealing with the tsunami of issues that wrecking on a bike has created.

I do not understand why they put their profit margin ahead of their customer base & pro-business ethics. Sure, their policy is to do a damage estimate & have the quote reflect replacing damaged parts with new parts. That being said, and after the checks have been issued to the owner of the bike, what prevents them from saying, "Hey, TimmyD, ya know we could probably get you safely back on the road with used / 'like new' parts for about $2500. We know that this incident has probably been difficult for you physically, financially and mentally. You could probably use the money we are saving you on repairs to offset costs (like lost wages) that your insurance does not cover. Lastly, if there are any upgrades you would like to add to your bike, we would be more than happy to order the parts & install them for you."

What would have been the ending to that story? A repaired bike, a happy customer, and maybe additional profit directly to the dealership from the bike owner / customer who could now afford to buy new upgrades for the bike which he previously only wished could be done.
Not only that, but the impression left in the bike owner's mind could be that of the dealership caring about the individual customer's whole situation and not just about getting money from 'em.

I don't know, maybe its just the meds talking...
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'

Last edited by TimmyD; 11-15-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Double-D

[QUOTE=TimmyD;1283747]...it is spelled with a 'z' by all themz rich Yorkies in Manhatten, or so I am told.

That's the problem..There are probably 5 native NYers in Manhattan..Everybody is from Kansas or some wheres like that.

Real NYers spell it with an s..and pronounce it as an s not a z.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:

They also lightened my wallet by $525 dollars which includes $350 they charged me for 14 days of 'storage' fees.
I am not bitter, they are a business out to make money. They just should not charge more than $10 / day to store a bike for someone who is already dealing with the tsunami of issues that wrecking on a bike has created.

I do not understand why they put their profit margin ahead of their customer base & pro-business ethics. Sure, their policy is to do a damage estimate & have the quote reflect replacing damaged parts with new parts. That being said, and after the checks have been issued to the owner of the bike, what prevents them from saying, "Hey, TimmyD, ya know we could probably get you safely back on the road with used / 'like new' parts for about $2500. We know that this incident has probably been difficult for you physically, financially and mentally. You could probably use the money we are saving you on repairs to offset costs (like lost wages) that your insurance does not cover. Lastly, if there are any upgrades you would like to add to your bike, we would be more than happy to order the parts & install them for you."

What would have been the ending to that story? A repaired bike, a happy customer, and maybe additional profit directly to the dealership from the bike owner / customer who could now afford to buy new upgrades for the bike which he previously only wished could be done.
Not only that, but the impression left in the bike owner's mind could be that of the dealership caring about the individual customer's whole situation and not just about getting money from 'em.

That dealership is just not of that mindset. I understand them.not using used parts. Can't think of a dealer that would. When I dropped the bike off, I rolled in the service bay after they opened the door for me and I stood there for 5 minutes before someone asked if they could help me. There wasn't a soul in there except me and there were two service writers. They were just standing there shooting the bull.

Through the years of dealing with them there a dozens of examples of not caring what you want or need, instead you get told what you want and need.

That dealership is relatively new, most folks who work there only know what they learned at the latest training seminar.

I still buy parts there and I have struck up a relationship with a few parts guys that will sell me parts that I ask for even if it's not supposed to fit my bike.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:46 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:

Makes perfect sense to me. Wish I lived closer to Patriot H-D so I could make it a point NOT to do business with them.

And they wonder why you had the bike picked up??

Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Original Delinquent

Quote:

I doubt it Timmy.

I've only visited that dealer maybe 5 times in 7 years. Only thing I ever bought was off the discount rack or a small item that all the other dealers in the area didn't have in stock and I needed it NOW.

Kimber

Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
I don't think I've ever heard anything good about them.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 PM
grapenutless

I really think a call to the owner, very politely explaining your situation and the fact that no one offered to make the pain of the repairs any easier ie: not replacing a few parts or any type of options, and the explain that you are EXTREMELY disappointed that you had to take the bike from them and bring it to (fill in the blank)__________ dealership because they were more than willing to work with you on the repairs.

polite and yet a knife in the back....
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty