Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:33 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
OK, I'll bite.
There have been things done by me in the past (that admittedly could have been done better), that each cost us a small percentage of membership. Obviously, the Gray/8 - me split cost us the second highest percentage, but we survived and thrived.

Most of you who actually know me know that overall I'm pretty easy going. Right up to some undefined line that even I don't know the actual location of. When we get there, though, it's fairly obvious to everyone on the right side of the grass that we have arrived. My reactions were (are?), due to the nature of internet forums, swift. I don't want that shit out there doing (more) damage. And I'm usually mad as hell that somebody couldn't follow one simple rule (of the thousands we have). So I overreact a bit. Sometimes I overreact LOTS. To me, my first priority is to tie off the artery that is gushing blood all over the furniture right then.

Then, after I have had an opportunity to reflect, I am usually able to recognize my overreaction and I get in touch with the person whose head I just dropped an Acme safe on and apologize. Sometimes my apology is insufficient, but more often than not the individual involved realizes (since a little time has passed in whatever universe they live in, too) that they dicked up on the frontside, I got mad and overreacted on the backside, and we move on.

That being said, I'll go ahead and address at least one of the elephants.

No good deed goes unpunished.
The final nail in the coffin of this place was the forum (me) refusing to take sides in a fairly acrimonious divorce. I tried to keep it out of the forum and balance the concerns that each of the parties expressed to me with the feelings of the other(s), and failed spectacularly.

Had the forum taken a side, we would probably have only lost half the membership that we lost as a direct result of my pathetic attempt at neutrality on this issue.

If I had it to do over, though, I still wouldn't take sides. Hopefully, I would do a better job of it, but I still wouldn't allow the forum to be used as a vehicle for each side and their supporters to air their grievances. And in the end, we may have still died the same sad death because of it.

This post could probably use some more work, but I gotta go sell guns now.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Personally, I have never blamed you, Boss.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:16 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nope, me either. It's easy to say that things could have been done differently with the benefit of hindsight. We're here now, and this is where we are. In talking to people who are no longer active, two issues come up nearly every time, and neither one is you (Boss).

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 08-23-2017, 08:21 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
MDCFA (Make Doof Clenas Fun Again).
It's fun to have fun, and I like having the fun.

Good to see you old guys again.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:02 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Nope, me either. It's easy to say that things could have been done differently with the benefit of hindsight. We're here now, and this is where we are. In talking to people who are no longer active, two issues come up nearly every time, and neither one is you (Boss).
I'd love to have those folks you are speaking with come back and help re-energize the forum. That particular situation was so emotionally charged that it couldn't help but cause issues outside the already major issue. Let's all move forward together and MDCFA!

Old 08-23-2017, 09:26 AM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Mega. As you might have guessed. There was a good deal of discussion this past week about getting things back to where they were. One of the things universally agreed was that you were not wrong in that situation. It was a private matter that needed to be taken off the board. I'm not sure there was any way to avoid the result. Unfortunately people that were a huge part of "Us" got hurt and left.
Time has past. A vacuum formed and like ISIS in Syria... well it's time to bring the troops back in. (Except we like our Dictator). (Mostly )
So here we go. We're gonna see if we can MDCFA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 08-23-2017, 09:47 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
What is FB?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
What is FB?

Ed Zachery.

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 08-23-2017, 10:08 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Facebook is a piss-poor substitution for this place.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:45 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sadly for me , not many and not much is going on on the left coast.

Still would like to somehow trailer Geno to one of the shing a lings.
I don't think the Boss of Me would like me to tie up our only vehicle, while she stays at her prison sentence of a thankless job.

It totally sux that some of us did our job / portion in life and it beat us hard.

Me, knees, back issues, thumb joints...

And fat, ughh!

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 08-23-2017, 11:44 AM
the camera guy

Captain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sock
Whats everyone's thoughts on scheduling next summers shindig somewhere in the middle states so those on the left coast might be able to attend. Would it be out of line to reach out to those members who are no longer on the forum and see if they would be interested in a big ole family reunion?
Just an FYI I have no idea what happened happened causing members to leave so if I'm over stepping feel free to tell me to mind my business
Old 08-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 41 View Post
Whats everyone's thoughts on scheduling next summers shindig somewhere in the middle states so those on the left coast might be able to attend. Would it be out of line to reach out to those members who are no longer on the forum and see if they would be interested in a big ole family reunion?
Just an FYI I have no idea what happened happened causing members to leave so if I'm over stepping feel free to tell me to mind my business
I believe we are due a return to Eureka Springs next summer. I might be mistaken though.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:52 AM
Breaker of Stuff

I would be seriously interested in a return to ES.

Chris, it's the best riding you'll find east of the Rockies.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:59 AM
the camera guy

Captain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
I would be seriously interested in a return to ES.

Chris, it's the best riding you'll find east of the Rockies.
Next summer would work for me. This summer has been difficult to get away for long trips with the baby. I've already prepped my wife that I'll be doing some traveling on the bike next summer.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Double-D

As long as it's not the week of June 21 I'm in.
Also need to start nailing down Chambersburg 2018. I've located a pig source.
Also there has been some interest in Red Lodge redo 2019.

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015