Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback If they are taking care of you, we want to know. If ya got screwed, we need to know.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I am so sorry to hear of this for the headache and loss of hard-earned it's caused. IMO, the stand-up thing would be for the vendors involved to immediately make good at no cost asap.

The problems with GMR aren't a sudden development and there is a fair number of folks with very similar experience. After dealing with the guy myself, I have nothing good to say and I suspect we'll never see him be a sponsor here...

From before its introduction there's been a lot of hoopla about the R&R crank being the greatest thing since sliced bread. However, reading between the lines, it requires additional machining to get it to fit. It also uses a proprietary rod length and a smaller diameter crank pin. Common sense tells me that in a day of ever-more-powerful motors a smaller crankpin is not a better design. So this is now the second major failure of an R&R crank I've heard of in the last month.

I hope this gets straightened out and you're back on the road.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
and I thought I had some problems with my bike....sorry to hear this and I agree...the vendors should be straight forward and cover your expenses...and although I have not used his services, I have heard nothing but good things about JD>>>give him a call.

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 12-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Paragraphs.
They're not just for breakfast any more.
EDIT IT PLEASE

I hope you can come to an agreement with the parties involved.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Hangaround

d1hojo07 has failed to amuse us
Well, here's an update. Started pulling it apart and the 2nd r&r crank is only .011 out on the pinion side. R&R put the second crank in and checked the cases. This is the fifth R&R crank to go south lately.

I didn't receive an email saying there was any responses to this post so I'm sorry it took this long to get back. I don't know what all will happen with this but I will keep you informed the best possible. I wish everyone a very Happy New year.

Last edited by d1hojo07; 01-05-2010 at 11:51 PM.