Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:20 PM
GrayRider

SERT..what is it..

..from the Big Boyz site.

<click>
Old 10-18-2007, 09:55 PM
keeper of 43 tunes

buzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
tanks fer dat clicky Gray.....I'm right now, at this very moment, debating between all the options for my scoot. Right now its all stock with those cheesy screaming eagle II muffs. I am seriously thinking of going with true duals (possibly the Vance and Hines ones), and will need to go with the sert or power comander or one of the others when or if I do choose to go with those purty duals and the fancy fishtale tips. Everyone, feel free to chime in with your advice or suggestions.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Known Associate

springer- has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzingstrings View Post
tanks fer dat clicky Gray.....I'm right now, at this very moment, debating between all the options for my scoot. Right now its all stock with those cheesy screaming eagle II muffs. I am seriously thinking of going with true duals (possibly the Vance and Hines ones), and will need to go with the sert or power comander or one of the others when or if I do choose to go with those purty duals and the fancy fishtale tips. Everyone, feel free to chime in with your advice or suggestions.

You'll get lots of opinions but as far as I'm concerned there is nothing on the market that compares to the SERT. The Delphi system is one of the most sophisticated fuel injection systems on a motorcycle anywhere. The SERT allows you full control over that system. With a SERT we can out tune any other device available. Of course you will also need someone that can tune it.

Some will try to sell you on a auto tuning type device. While they work they are far from perfect. The biggest marketing selling point is that with future modifications there are no expensive retunes. If you find a a good and HONEST dyno guy, the previous tune can be "touched up" for any minor modification for a very reasonable price and won't need an "expensive retune".

I have a thread about tuning a simple stage 1 on a stock bike with a SERT. We saw 14lb torque gains in some areas over a Dealer street legal Stage 1 download. Even the canned SERT stage 1 was better all around than the dealer download.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Woody218

If it weren't for springer's excellent tutorial on the SERT, I would have been really intimidated by it. He explains it all very well.

Thanks, springer!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
That's right!! Springer makes the SERT useable to the weekend tuner Harley owner. Without people like Springer, most of us would be lost. Thanks Springer for all your wisdom, and patience.

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 10-19-2007, 09:39 PM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Go for the SERT...especially if you think you are going to do any engine mods.

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!

Old 10-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Hangaround

Last Cigar Smoked: Blunt
scourge has failed to amuse us
Alot of those dyno tuners don't like working on the SERT because it takes too long to make changes and then load the change and test the result. They prefer to turn a switch a little to the left or right while the bike is running. I can understand it's easier for them and they can do a lot more bikes in an afternoon, but I like having the map programmed into the computer

Scourge