Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Air Cleaners
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:55 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg06 View Post
Wow I had no idea this was an issue. The one on my bike is a super sucker and it is broke as well. I just said f#ck it and left it on. Maybe I sould look into replacing it.
I have the billet sucker on my SG. Just replace the studs (if that is what is wrong with yours). Should be fine. I made spare studs in case it happens again.....

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Hmmm...

Serg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I have the billet sucker on my SG. Just replace the studs (if that is what is wrong with yours). Should be fine. I made spare studs in case it happens again.....
My backing plate is broke. The ears that bolts to the rear head is broke.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
My backing plate is broke. The ears that bolts to the rear head is broke.
Wow....my fix won't fix that...

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Hmmm...

Serg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Wow....my fix won't fix that...
I'll have to get a new backing plate. I'll put it on the list of priorities. Maybe some place near the top.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:22 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It's not just the Big Suckers that have this problem. All air cleaners including the SE can have this happen. You have to use plenty of lock tight, torque the studs correctly and check it every oil change at a minimum. When I bought my Street Glide(used) I found mine loose and it had ruined the mounting holes in the throttle body, I had to pick up a used throttle body to replace mine. Twin cam A engines have a lot of vibration that we don't feel but every bolt on the engine itself does.

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
I'll have to get a new backing plate. I'll put it on the list of priorities. Maybe some place near the top.
its all fun and games until your throttle body is dangling from the cables....

Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Hmmm...

Maybe I can buy one of the ones from these guy's here? SE should fit no prob.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:28 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
It's not just the Big Suckers that have this problem. All air cleaners including the SE can have this happen. You have to use plenty of lock tight, torque the studs correctly and check it every oil change at a minimum. When I bought my Street Glide(used) I found mine loose and it had ruined the mounting holes in the throttle body, I had to pick up a used throttle body to replace mine. Twin cam A engines have a lot of vibration that we don't feel but every bolt on the engine itself does.

Joe
I check them at those points too. Didn't see any problems till I heard the rattling....

Old 05-04-2009, 12:35 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I check them at those points too. Didn't see any problems till I heard the rattling....
Change your oil more often.

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 05-04-2009, 12:36 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
Change your oil more often.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
There is a reason why they call it big sucker.

Just kidding.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:56 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
There is a reason why they call it big sucker.

Just kidding.
Perfect compliment for a Big Swede

Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
my bike is stock.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 05-04-2009, 12:59 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
my bike is stock.
Sounds like it

Old 11-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Spyderman

fred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Now you have me scared. My BS-2 has been on for over 20,000 miles and I never had a problem with it on my FXDX. Maybe because of all the money I've dumped into the engine it runs smoother and has less vibration. If this ever fvcks up I might get a Forcewinder type. Jeez, I wish I hadn't read this thread. One more thing to worry about.