Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:02 PM
natural-born world-shaker

Location: Mobile literally and figuratively, Alabama; working in Shanghai and Germany
Last Cigar Smoked: tobacco
thedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Bruisers Inc., Mustang, and Motherwells

Stripping down a RK Custom. Took off the bags, support rails, fender struts, grab bar and everything that doesn't actually do something. Replaced the side panels with their stuff to open the wheels up. Got rid of the chrome cover for the upper frame tubes while I was at it. Bruisers makes some good stuff, we'll see how their products last. They follow up with emails. On the ball.

Got a Mustang plain solo with detachable backrest. Nice seat, love the back rest, and good delivery time. The jury is still out on long-ride comfort but the back rest is like cheating.

And then there's Motherwells. I bought a rack from them online, heard they make some fine stuff. Put it (made in China) on the bike and never put anything on it. Five days later I noticed glitter on the fender. WTF? Ran my gloved finger underneath and the chrome flakes off with a touch. F I V E days. I've seen costume jewelry last longer.

I don't know if it came from a bad batch or what. To get anything from them I have to ship it back and I pay shipping ... again. I don't think so. I'll put the cost of shipping towards getting it painted. Sent an email and will post the reply. No, I'm not disgusted, not a bit.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Well, that just blows! I'd be disgusted too...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 03-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I got a detachable backrest, only use it on trips. I am not totally sold on it. Sounds good in theory. In the past I used to like leaning back on bags, that were strapped on seat.

it gets really annoying, everytime OL leans forward to say something it slides down. Needs a thumb screw to tighten, with the seat on.

I passenger seat that comes forward, I think helps alot.

Another reason I leave the rider backrest off, is I wonder if your muscles will get weak. Even with it on, its not as great I tought it would be. Maybe one that adjusts more would be better.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:29 AM
Spit it out it ain't yers

KICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suck
Interesting about the Motherwell rack.I have one, it's a nice piece,no problems at all.Use it all the time.About a year now.Pretty sure it's a domestic product.(At least it was)
F
F
B