Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:44 PM
8-Ball

Quick Disconnect Crossover line... what the hell...

This is about as confusing a thing as I've ever seen.

I've figured out that I need a 5/16" line.

I want a black braided or black rubber hose.

I want chrome or black fittings.

I don't want hose clamps...

Where do I find such a thing... I can make it up if I can find the parts.

I'm thinking some kind of compression fitting will work to connect the hose parts, but I don't know shlt...

And I ain't going down the street or around the block... we have smart people right here...
Old 03-31-2008, 12:49 PM
KTWillys

Bought mine aftermarket but still have hose clamps on the at the tank side of the quickconnects.
Also even though it said it was for my bike it did not fit, I had to improvise it.

good luck Mike

Last edited by KTWillys; 03-31-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Here Mike, it's from Fast by Ferracchi. One of the foremost go-fast guys ever in the business. It's a quick disconnect. Get the 5/16's size. You can use the original clamps from HD, but you have to have the crimper. I have one, but you're not too close to me!!

http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.p...duct_list&c=27

I happen to have the white plastic ones, but you can't see them under the frame on my bagger. You can see there's a couple of options for color or chrome.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 03-31-2008, 02:26 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
What's your issue with hose clamps? Had mine secured with hose clamps for 10k miles with no leaks. If it's just the appearance of the clamps then go down to the local Autozone and get some of the braided hose covering and fittings. Looks just like a braided line when your done but it's just a cover with fittings on the end to hide the hose clamps. You can even get the stuff in black.

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 03-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Above Average DDude

Last Cigar Smoked: A. Fuente, Curly Head
YankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sock
I posted this in the other thread too.
These are what I use. It's what they are designed for. They are spring steel hose clamps. Much better than screw type hose clamps.

Well, it wouldn't let me load the same pic twice. Look in the 7th build thread.

Sh!t doesn't stink unless ya' poke it!

Deut 23:12-13 (How to sh!t in the woods)
Old 03-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Go here.......

http://www.rute66.dk/19/19%20GB%202004%20025-034.pdf

And scroll down a little...........

Dumbass...................

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Spit it out it ain't yers

KICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Just buy the braided one and be done with it. For cripes sakes.

Braided fuel line
Thats what I did a few years ago...works fine
F
F
B
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBob View Post
I posted this in the other thread too.
These are what I use. It's what they are designed for. They are spring steel hose clamps. Much better than screw type hose clamps.

Well, it wouldn't let me load the same pic twice. Look in the 7th build thread.
My sled and 4 wheeler got them. The little ones don't seem like they got enough tension but they work.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Just buy the braided one and be done with it. For cripes sakes.

Braided fuel line
How does this help you take your tank pff without making a mess.

I have been thinking about this for awhile. Lots of things would be easier without tank on. Not to mention road side repairs, knock on wood.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Excommunicated

Quote:
  1. dumbasses
I've drained a few tanks. what we are talking about here is the valve in the crossover hose, so you don't have to. Hence the title of the thread, quick disconnect.

I don't need a shiny hose.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:46 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
An old electric fuel pump and a little fuel hose will go a long way for draining gas tanks unless you just like to inhale gas fumes.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:56 AM
8-Ball

God... always a debate...

For me, I don't want to screw with the clamps... just unclip the disconnect and its off... simple...

but then, I use a Mac.... some folks just like to make things hard.

If I'm taking the tank off, I'll put a disconnect on it to make next time easier...

Its my scoot ya bastages... I can do what I want...
Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
God... always a debate...

For me, I don't want to screw with the clamps... just unclip the disconnect and its off... simple...

but then, I use a Mac.... some folks just like to make things hard.

If I'm taking the tank off, I'll put a disconnect on it to make next time easier...

Its my scoot ya bastages... I can do what I want...
Mike, they are right about quick connects being another point of failure. Personally, I wouldn't do it. Clamps have much more integrity than quick connects. This is gasoline we're talkin about.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
But when you are on your seventh or eighth rebuild, you might see the need.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 04-01-2008, 09:46 AM
GrayRider

A quick yank, a quick thumb and a coffee can have always worked quickly for me.