View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 07:12 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
New Baffle Wrap and Perforated Sleeves

Another issue I found recently was the baffle wrap in the right muffler was completely burnt away in the right pipe, but relatively intact in the left. Not surprising, as 65% of the engine exhaust pulse is felt on the right side. I'm seriously considering adding the full size cross over for the head pipe.

Anyway, I have the Fullsac CVO 2" cores in my stock pipes. I went on line and order replacements. I thought the price was a little high for the Techmat wrap, but was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and it included two new, "Improved" perforated sleeves.

The first picture is the new on the left and old on the right.
Second pick is one of the sleeves laying on the techmat wrap.

Easy enough install. Didn't have to remove the pipe. Just the saddlebags to access the heat shields that only needed to be loosened and rotated so I could get to the three screws that hold the exhaust caps on. Then the one bolt through the bottom of the muffler holding the exhaust core inside and carefully wrap the sleeve tight with the wrap around it and slide into the muffler before re-inserting the Fullsac core. That took two attempts on both sides as the sleeve wanted to expand inside and not let me slide the techmat fully inserted.

No noticeable sound change in the exhaust note.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Perforated Sleeves.jpg (82.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Techmat Wrap.jpg (74.0 KB, 45 views)

Kimber