View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 08:45 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
Ok gang,

Will go ahead and share my plan here. At some point in the last 15 years I read an article in Bike magazine (I think, one of the big Brit glossy mags) about a ride they did on the Summer Solstice. John O'Groats at the north of Scotland to Land's End in Wales. Leaving at sunrise to beat the sunset. Ever since then I've wanted to do a similar ride. I think I've found one of two.

I'm planning on being at the beach parking area at Chincoteague, VA at sunrise on the 20th. The easternmost point in Virginia by public roads. From there, will go to Cacapon Resort State Park in WVa to access the northernmost point. After that, south to Danville, Va and the southernmost. Then West to Cumberland Gap, TN where there's a small point that just sticks up into Va.

Sunrise: 0539
Sunset: 2056
Total daylight: 15 Hours 17 Minutes.

It's a lot of slab, not the most interesting but I think that will work in my favor. That or I must be nuts

Oh, what's the second? That will be for 2022.
Dang, reminds me of that PA, NY, CT ride so many years ago...

Kimber