View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 09:26 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
So, when you shop for parts for your bike, do you decide that you want to pay 20% more at the local dealer, or do you shop online at one of the dealers offering the 20% discount?

I will occasionally shop at the local stores, but there is only two of them nearby and they are run by the same person/company. However, their prices are like 50% higher than I can get online and they charge sales tax, so it's more like 58.25% higher. Add to that their limited selection and the online shopping becomes more attractive.

I got a tax break, and I am far from rich.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Regarding the cigars, did you ask them if they've considered carrying what you seek? Wouldn't hurt.

The bill that passed subcommittee is aimed at keeping kids from vaping. From the article, it looks like some adjustments are planned before the bill comes up for a vote.

We had this little vape-cartridge manufacturing operation get busted a while back.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...st/2346311001/

Mom has since been charged as well. She was running a second site out of her real estate office in Union Grove.

https://www.wisn.com/article/mother-...tody/29311366#

Toss in youth doing great harm to themselves as a result of vaping and a bill like that was sure to be created.

Whether it'll pass or not is anyone's guess.

Regarding the parts, I'll go to the dealer when they have their open houses. Parts and stuff are usually marked 10-15% off. I stock up on service parts (oil, filters, gaskets, plugs) at that time. The local dealer has open houses at least twice a year, plus Christmas time.

I try to buy some of my riding gear as closeouts at the dealer at sales time, too. Got a good deal on my Innovator jacket and gloves, and mrs. o got some decent stuff at sales time, too.

However, I got my Cortech mesh jacket and helmet from Revzilla. The jacket was a closeout. The helmet, it's a Shoei GT-Air, so that'll be full price no matter where you go, and the dealer doesn't carry that line.

I shop for good used take-off stuff on eBay. I got the b's exhaust system, tour pak and related mounts and stuff, tank console, lowers and other hard parts off of eBay. Some times one can find what they need when they want it, some times you gotta wait. I can wait.

The b's motor was rebuilt by the local dealer, but I got a 10% discount on the deal as the motor work was started during one of their open houses. I got lucky there. I had to pay full nut for getting the crank rebuilt, tho, as that was done out of house by Darkhorse.

I got a tax break, too. Barely notice it in my paycheck, tho. My annual raise was way more significant, and it wasn't all that large. I still gotta get up in the morning for work as I ain't rich either.

Last edited by orbit; 11-17-2019 at 10:00 AM.