View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
If I can add my 2 cents worth... I've got an fxdb street bob with factory "baby apes" which put my arms in a near horizontal position. I get hand numbness quite regularly while riding. I'm only 5' 8" so that might have something to do with it. I don't have to reach particularly far for the bars, and with the highway pegs, I can ride in several positions (higher, lower, laid back, or more upright aggressive) so, if you've never had apes, I would suggest taking out a friends ride that has apes, and see if it doesnt happen to you before plunking down big cash and reconfiguring your whole front wiring setup for something that looks good....just sayin'...
If your arms are straight and you have to reach for your grips, that is probably a major source of the numbness. Went from the stock short reach bars on mine to bikini beach with a lot more pull back to relax my arm position and it worked wonders.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me