Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Important Stuff > Safety and Group Riding Standards for ALL DOOFAPALOOZAS, FESTS, HWY 43 RIDES, ETC. > Rider Safety
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Rider Safety Add your threads and comments HERE!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I agree training is important, but even more so for new riders. Not that we all couldn't learn something.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Tolling of the iron bell

jimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I agree training is important, but even more so for new riders. Not that we all couldn't learn something.
Interesting. Some of the gray beards I've ridden with or come across are the same guys who have some of the worst riding habits.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:18 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Good point. Like wearing shorts?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Tolling of the iron bell

jimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I was thinking more along the lines of guys dropping the bike into neutral at stop lights or pulling up too close to the car in front and not allowing an escape route. I've see plenty of "experienced" riders do that one. Another one that sticks out in my mind came from a guy who has been riding for years. We are sitting around talking riding and he tells me he never uses his rear brake. Stuff like that.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:07 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Bad as some of them may be, its hard to break old habits,... even with training. People become so engrained with them after years and years of riding that way.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Excommunicated

Ya I know someone who puts it in Neutral at lights. I think some guys don't use front brakes much either.