Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Doofapaloozas
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Doofapaloozas I'm riding 1,200 miles to spend a week with some avid motorcycle enthusiasts I met on the internet, dear. What could go wrong?

Old 11-19-2009, 07:14 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofinn View Post
If I start my own palooza, can I change the location every year?
which came first the chicken or the egg?
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
I'll keep that in mind.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
There's a whole lot of events I haven't been to and I don't know the pattern, if there is one(?) I sort of had the idea that most of the gatherings are one or two day weekend events (Junction run, Piney Woods, etc) and that "Palooza" designated bigger events such as ES that are three-four weekday events.
Somebody straighten me out on this.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 11-19-2009, 08:30 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by masstch View Post
Somebody straighten me out on this.
We're DooFs... you expect rhyme or reason?

From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 11-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
We're DooFs... you expect rhyme or reason?

I knew it was gonna be a reach...

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 11-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Excluding ES, all the "Palooza" events I have been to have been extended weekend events, either 3 or 4 days. Would the frequency or the event, such as it being anual or something be the dividing line? The open invite to all members that would care to attend? The presence of chickies? This is too confusing...I'll just let everyone else figure it out and I'll show up where I can.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
This is too confusing...I'll just let everyone else figure it out and I'll show up where I can.
I agree. All this thinkin about guidelines an rules.... just hurts my head

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 11-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
gZINTAs don't have rules ..... jus sayin'

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 11-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Hell, you ain't gotta let us sleep at your house.
A nearby hotel and a liquor store, and we're good to go!
Well, heaven knows we got liquor stores and hotels, sometimes in the same building. Hmm. Maybe I should look into someplace like Buffalo- ride east into plains, west into mountains, north and south along the edge of both.

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:27 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
The energy y'all use trying to read something into this stuff could be better spent on laundry.
This thread was started because somebody asked. I figured if one asked, more wondered, so I made it a sticky for reference.
It's a watered down version of the requirements for hosting a coastal -palooza. Some folks like to call their event a "whatever"-palooza, so I thought I'd let them know what we'd like them to do in order to do that here, and in order to get it some play in the header along with the National and Coastal(s).
Nationals and Coastals are all that will be listed in the Doofapalooza forum. (We have been very fortunate in being able to call 3 of our East Coast Doofapaloozas "VukFests".) Regional/local events (regardless of what they're called) get listed in their respective regions.
How these rules came about is a real funny story that I don't think I'll ever get drunk enough to tell any of you.
That is all.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:23 AM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I think we need monkeyboy to sort this out.
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Doof Babe
Grenade Launcher
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Does second-hand count?
Boop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I'm dying here. Just yesterday, I complimented him on his original post - that the instructions were short, sweet, and to the point. Very easy to understand. I should've known better.

W.W.B.D?

Boop-Oop-A-Doof
Old 11-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Double-D

How much paperwork is involved in this process? Does the national chapter have to sign off? How many regional types do I need to sign their endorsment?
Old 11-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
How much paperwork is involved in this process? Does the national chapter have to sign off? How many regional types do I need to sign their endorsment?
I think we need a quorum too.

Yeah, definitely a quorum.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 11-20-2009, 06:39 PM
grapenutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boop View Post
I'm dying here. Just yesterday, I complimented him on his original post - that the instructions were short, sweet, and to the point. Very easy to understand. I should've known better.
your not serious are you.....and don't compliment him, he gets all uppity...
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty