Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Softail Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 PM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Dad's new to him bike.

My Dad called a couple weeks back and said, 'Son, I am coming to Wichita Falls and I am buying a Harley. Will you help me find one.'

That is all I needed to hear.

I started scouring the local market. Used, new, private sales, etc. All the usual suspects. We began discussion on his riding style and what he intended to use it for. Commuting mainly about 15 miles one way to his retired 'job' of driving a school bus. He is a retired freight hauler for ABF.

He got a small check from the US Gobment for Agent Orange (Vietnam) exposure that has had take cancer treatments, loose his hair at 22, among other things. It was no where near what they should pay him... but it was enough to put some money in a Harley. He has always wanted one and now it was his turn.

2007 Heritage - Blue/Silver - 1800 miles. He walked out at $15,781.00 with free helmet, Memphis Shades W/S, HD Sissy Bar and Engine Guard. We are still waiting on the Engine Guard to come in. This dealership also pays for Beginner MSF course.

I left him this morning with my MSF book and Texas DPS book. He has been studying. He has had a few bikes in the past but it has been years since he road other than my Nightster back when I had it.

Here is a link to more pics: CLICKY

He is one happy camper!

Doo-Dads thus far: pass floor board covers, temp dip stick, hd fog lamps like what I have, highway pegs, SE Slip ons (older style), lay down license plate kit and axle cover nuts.

Of course, I have already presented him with a bell.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:59 PM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
Too cool! Hope he has many miles of fun ahead of him.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That's a great looking bike Phil! Might be a little biased but I think the Heritage is one of the best models Harley makes. I bet your Dad is going to be very happy with it

Looks like his little assistant in the pictures likes motorcycles, guess it runs in the family

Old 03-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Very cool. Great looking bike too.

Always something special when you get to ride with your Dad.

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 03-27-2009, 05:43 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Niiiiiice!

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:59 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

I bet his cute little apprentice works for grandpa hugs.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:25 AM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice looking bike Phil. Have fun riding with your dad. Don't forgt to tell him thanks for serving for us.

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:30 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Very Nice...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 03-27-2009, 09:01 AM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
that is cool.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You need to get him to ride that nice bike to Junction with you the 1st weekend in May

Just sayin'

Old 03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Nice bike, Phil('s dad)!! I like it!

That is so cool to get to ride with your dad.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:49 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Tell pops congrats from me

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Doof Clenas Member

HarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thats cool! thanks for the pics.
Looks like he brought out the A team to help with the install
Old 03-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Doof Clenas Member

HarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
almost forgot...

when I had my Heritage, one of the first things I did was get the "Got Saggy Bags" inserts. Great Mod

he also needs a new timer cover....just sayin..
Old 03-27-2009, 01:07 PM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyWood View Post
almost forgot...

when I had my Heritage, one of the first things I did was get the "Got Saggy Bags" inserts. Great Mod

he also needs a new timer cover....just sayin..
Good link - will pass it on.