Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-18-2021, 07:12 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
New Baffle Wrap and Perforated Sleeves

Another issue I found recently was the baffle wrap in the right muffler was completely burnt away in the right pipe, but relatively intact in the left. Not surprising, as 65% of the engine exhaust pulse is felt on the right side. I'm seriously considering adding the full size cross over for the head pipe.

Anyway, I have the Fullsac CVO 2" cores in my stock pipes. I went on line and order replacements. I thought the price was a little high for the Techmat wrap, but was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and it included two new, "Improved" perforated sleeves.

The first picture is the new on the left and old on the right.
Second pick is one of the sleeves laying on the techmat wrap.

Easy enough install. Didn't have to remove the pipe. Just the saddlebags to access the heat shields that only needed to be loosened and rotated so I could get to the three screws that hold the exhaust caps on. Then the one bolt through the bottom of the muffler holding the exhaust core inside and carefully wrap the sleeve tight with the wrap around it and slide into the muffler before re-inserting the Fullsac core. That took two attempts on both sides as the sleeve wanted to expand inside and not let me slide the techmat fully inserted.

No noticeable sound change in the exhaust note.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Perforated Sleeves.jpg (82.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Techmat Wrap.jpg (74.0 KB, 45 views)

Kimber

Old 06-19-2021, 07:16 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice improvements.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 06-22-2021, 07:06 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
I can say from spending the weekend as Mike's wingman that the new baffle/wrap had a great sound and without the headache-inducing percussion waves of other systems.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:15 AM
Harry The M

Last Cigar Smoked: Spare Tire
Harry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thanks for the info....

Old 06-25-2021, 11:07 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Good stuff-how do they sound?

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:36 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
Good stuff-how do they sound?
Although I like the sound of Rineharts, these do not sound like them. I have thought about replacing them with Rineharts, but after reading the review James posted, I can say that percussion he's talking about was very evident on my 05 with Rineharts. You could feel the pulse 6 feet or more behind that bike, and after a long day, they affects lingered in my hearing for some time.

After 900 miles on these last Sunday, I can say honestly that I don't recall feeling any after affects when the ride was done.

Kimber

Old 06-26-2021, 08:45 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Very cool.

I'm not a fan of really loud pipes. As Mike mentioned earlier, after a long ride your head can feel it for a long time after.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[