Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:12 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Microsoft Surface3 Pro

I've had one for about a week now and am extremely impressed. I got the one with an Intel i5 processor and 256G of storage with 8G ram. The 128G versions only come with 4G of ram. I wanted 8G because I use it. They bill it as a tablet that is a true laptop replacement, and I would have to agree, provided you purchase the Type keyboard cover.

As a tablet it's nice. A little bigger than an iPad, but still a nice size and weight. The kickstand is a great feature and will rotate to accommodate almost any position. The screen is bright and has 2160x1440 resolution for sharp pictures and HD video. Battery life on first use was about 10 hours of mixed use.

The keyboard cover attaches magnetically, and the magnets are so strong it actually pulls it into the correct position every time. It has a real nice feel to it, and feels natural. The one fail on the keyboard is there is no insert key. Since I use the insert key a lot, this is quite an annoyance. There is an insert key on the on-screen keyboard, but that's a pain. I had to find a program that lets me re-map one of the F keys to an insert key. That is really the only complaint so far.

All in all, I am a very happy camper.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 02-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I've been looking into one of these. Glad to read you like it so far.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:28 PM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
I have had the surface pro 2 for a year now and still really like it. Although I don't use the keyboard that much as I like the touch screen.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:40 PM
The other white meat

Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
I've been looking into one of these. Glad to read you like it so far.
I REALLY like it. I'm not a Microsoft fanboy, and not fond of Windows 8, but they nailed this. For the record, Windows 8 is much more tolerable on a tablet.

Can't wait to run RedHat from a USB stick on it.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 02-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I just got a mini Ipad from work. Still lernin.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 02-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: A couple of Mega's...
HiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suck
I've been looking at an Asus T100 - maybe using it to tune bikes in my next life...

Old 02-04-2015, 05:01 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
I've never used the insert key......whats it for...?

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 02-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Dana's got a 2 Pro. It's nice, but if you're using the keyboard it has to be on a flat surface, its not lap-friendly. I hate Windows 8 less than I hate Windows 7, so that's a plus.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-04-2015, 06:34 PM
The other white meat

I've been using the keyboard in my lap. It would be better on a table or a desk, but it's not bad at all. Of course, my lap has been shrinking so that is all subject to change.

I downloaded NetBeans last night, but couldn't get GlassFish to fire up for some reason. Not sure if it has anything to do with it being a tablet or not. More to come on that.

[
Old 02-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Double-D

HiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
I've never used the insert key......whats it for...?
It switches between overwrite and insert modes for typing/editing text.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:48 PM
The other white meat

I haven't found the overwrite key either

[
Old 02-05-2015, 11:53 AM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Everyone I've talked to that has one loves it. I'd consider one but I've already got an investment in my Mac laptop and iPad.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
I haven't found the overwrite key either
When you click the "Insert" key, the lettering should change to "Overwrite", unless your keyboard is broken...

or unless there's a short between the chair and the keyboard...