Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 09:24 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I figure front motor mount or fairing bracket...

Left side of the bike, mostly, is doing a pretty good dance around 1800-2300 RPM, primarily the left wind deflector and the left side of the handlebars.
Any other ideas before I pull the fairing in the morning, or should I just get the front motor mount replaced?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Politically Incorrect

Big Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygiene
I had to replace my motor mount at about 22K miles.

Engine by Otto.
Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI
Old 05-04-2008, 09:50 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
I had to replace my motor mount at about 22K miles.
Symptoms, kind sir?
'05 here...

Old 05-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Politically Incorrect

Big Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Mine was feeling like an engine miss from 900-2500 RPM. If your getting vibes on one side, I might check the fairing mounting bracket on that side. I hear they break alot. I know if you put in bigger speakers, the brackets sometimes cant take it.

Engine by Otto.
Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI
Old 05-04-2008, 09:57 PM
GrayRider

I replaced the front mount at about 8K miles. Vibration increases when they go bad. Doesn't make it squirrely or anything.

You can take it off and see if it's torn, or see if you can get a credit card between the bracket and rubber...if you have the old style, that is.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:22 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
I replaced the front mount at about 8K miles. Vibration increases when they go bad. Doesn't make it squirrely or anything.

You can take it off and see if it's torn, or see if you can get a credit card between the bracket and rubber...if you have the old style, that is.
How much gets charged on your credit card for doing that?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:26 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Left side of the bike, mostly, is doing a pretty good dance around 1800-2300 RPM, primarily the left wind deflector and the left side of the handlebars.
Any other ideas before I pull the fairing in the morning, or should I just get the front motor mount replaced?
Dave, did you ever replace your front motor mount with the new style? There was a service bulletin out on that back in Dec 2005. Its not that difficult to change out by yourself. Voltage regulator needs to be taken loose, but that's about it if I remember right. I posted the service bulletin here:

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...58&postcount=4

Old 05-05-2008, 07:41 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Nope, but I think I'll have that done this week.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:43 AM
GrayRider

I replaced mine with the new style in '06.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Left fairing bracket. Breaks all the time. $45 bucks, hour to replace.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post

Oh dude. I hope I didn't speak this up against you. We were just talking about this.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:11 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Friday the top motor mount gets checked (and the front one replaced), tomorrow morning I'll yank the fairing and have a look-see.
Yes, Stan, now that you mention it, I totally blame you for this.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Known Associate

nvsteve has failed to amuse us
One way to tell if it's a bracket is to stand next to your bike facing forward, grab the grip with one hand and push out on the fairing with the other. Do the same on the other side. If the fairing moves, it's a broken bracket.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I blame Gray also.He didn't come out to play this weekend.dj

Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 PM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
How wold a broken motor mount cause excessinver ibes only on the left side of the bike? Some sort of harmonics involved???

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!