Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Ladies Area...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ladies Area... We are proud to put you up here!

Old 12-12-2007, 02:23 PM
gAZINTAs

Shaw_2112 has failed to amuse us
ladies, I need your help....

I was given an almost impossible task of finding the perfect present that shows my OL just how much I love her. Well I still haven't found it lol!

But I may have a worthy idea.

We decided when we first started dating that marriage wasn't an option. I know her feelings have changed a little ( OK, well alot !) but we still agree that marriage isn't in the picture.

At least not until we've been together for 20 years huh? you say? Yep I agreed that if we are still together in 20 years that I'll man up and make an honest woman of her (very gentlemanly of me dontcha think? )

I don't consider this an engagement but I think a promise is in order.

So what do you think about a promise ring?

I know absolutely diddly squat about lookin fer a diamond ring.

Any advice you can help a brother out with???
Old 12-13-2007, 11:29 PM
pops

Buy her the biggest diamond you can afford, if you deal with the smaller mom and pop stores you can shop a better deal the the large chain stores, they have a minuimun they are able to discount, get online and learn about color and clarity,, do not go below a H-I color and a SI2 clarity even if you have to go a little smaller in size,,, think about shape, round, marquise, etc: ... pears and marquise cut stones are slow movers with good prices but if ever the need to sell you will take a hit,,, round and princess cuts are you best bet and are traditional. most important get online and get to know a little about what you want before you hit the stores, just because a guy is behind the counter does not know they really know unless you get an old fart who has been in this business a long time,,, the online sites will give you an idea about what you can get for the buck and the price you are quoted from smaller stores will have some room to barter,,,,, my father pretty much built Zales jewelers and i have been in the business all my life so if you have any questions direct send me a pm,, hope this helps a little
Old 12-14-2007, 10:34 AM
gAZINTAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops View Post
Buy her the biggest diamond you can afford, if you deal with the smaller mom and pop stores you can shop a better deal the the large chain stores, they have a minuimun they are able to discount, get online and learn about color and clarity,, do not go below a H-I color and a SI2 clarity even if you have to go a little smaller in size,,, think about shape, round, marquise, etc: ... pears and marquise cut stones are slow movers with good prices but if ever the need to sell you will take a hit,,, round and princess cuts are you best bet and are traditional. most important get online and get to know a little about what you want before you hit the stores, just because a guy is behind the counter does not know they really know unless you get an old fart who has been in this business a long time,,, the online sites will give you an idea about what you can get for the buck and the price you are quoted from smaller stores will have some room to barter,,,,, my father pretty much built Zales jewelers and i have been in the business all my life so if you have any questions direct send me a pm,, hope this helps a little

Thanks for the advice. I've been educating myself on how to buy diamonds from the internet. Not too difficult really.

How do you feel about purchasing from the online jewelers?? It just seems really risky to me but they're offering some very competitive deals with major chains.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:54 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Just be careful!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:10 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Just man up and propose.

Best thing I ever did.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 12-14-2007, 05:37 PM
gAZINTAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
Just man up and propose.

Best thing I ever did.

shhheeeeit I just got divorced, ain't goin there again.........
Old 12-14-2007, 05:58 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Make better choices...

Just sayin'

Quote:
Kudos!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:01 PM
DynaDav

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
Make better choices...

Just sayin'

That seems a little mean spirited.

But funny as shiet!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:08 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Not intended to be mean at all.

I believe there is someone for everyone...

Just have to choose wisely.... and that's on BOTH sides of the coin.

I can guarantee I couldn't stay with the VAST majority of women out there, nor them with me.

But K-ren is special. I made an excellent choice.
Quote:
Kudos!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:15 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

I appologize if that was taken wrong.

No offense intended.
Quote:
Kudos!

Old 12-14-2007, 09:41 PM
pops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw_2112 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I've been educating myself on how to buy diamonds from the internet. Not too difficult really.

How do you feel about purchasing from the online jewelers?? It just seems really risky to me but they're offering some very competitive deals with major chains.
If the diamond your looking at online comes with a GIA cert, the color and clarity will be dead on, if it has a EGL cert there is a chance of it being one grade off either way you will be fine, again, know what you want and check the locals,, I built and ran the watch service center for ASHFORD. COM before it was sold out last time, for the last year we carried a virtual inventory where about 50% was there in stock and the other 50% would be shipped in overnight from the diamond dealer, unless there was a cert on the diamond the actual diamond you got would be like the one listed, just not the exact one listed,,,, diamond.com and worldofwatches.com is out of florida and is who bought ashford, dont know if bluenile.com is still around but they were out closest competor,,,, back to the mom and pops,,, they are down the street if a problem comes up and they have to offer way better customer service now days... many will work on a small margin to make a sale, a little something is a lot better than a lot of nothing