Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 12-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
FX-where are you at?
Old 12-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I am supposed to be out in the garage now. But now you got me thinking how cold it out there. Beer keeps good.

Gonna have to check the gas grill, see if anything is in there.

Like someday gonna have a shop like my living room.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
That was a differant house old garage, not attached. I don't think I want to run the kerosene heater in my attached garage.

Saturday night was out there until 3:30am with tiny little electric heater. Really wasn't that bad. Walls insullated is 40.

As for moose, they are making a comeback in some areas. My Mom, in town, had one couple blocks from her house, at the unemployment office. There have been a few sightings. They did Moose lifts in the 80s.

In college one swam in from isle Royal, was wandering the streets.

My 1st house, had wolves, coyotes and bears. Had a 30-06 in the living room for a long time, after the biggest black bear I have seen was hanging around, no fear, with my German Shepard outside. I went to bring her in and there it was 100' away. Dog had its back to it. Eyes closed, hoping it would go away. Bear could definitly see the dog.

I also kept surplus Russina rifle out in garage.
Sounds like paradise! I kinda like the "wilds" and the sense that ones' actions often have a greater impact on survival than in most places. Balances out the cold. I lived for a time in a remote area of Alaska and loved it. Wasn't hard to fukc up and die. A few did. No bears where I was, but generally had a fishing pole and shotgun in the 4wd at all times. Mostly in the hopes of spotting a flock of ptarmigan!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Excommunicated

Rebuilt my FLHR motor in here, wasn't much more then a naked bulb. Bike and sled swapped spots. Yes there were carhardt bibs.
4 wheeler became a workbench. Parts stashed all over grage. Pipes in spare bed room. Priamry was on kitchen table for a month
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mans garage resize.JPG (97.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-31-2007, 12:36 PM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
B -

I'm in the metro Detroit area. Hunt over on the west side of the state near Ludington. Relatives property. I'm convinced global warming is for real, as it used to be a LOT colder on November 15. These days, rarely even any snow.

Got a nephew going to school over in Marquette. He hunts and fishes. Planning to be a F&W guy somewhere. I keep threatening to visit once he has all the good spots scouted... like an aversion to cold, one gets lazier and craftier with age.

Re Mr. Heater - mine uses the screw-in propane bottles and is quiet as you described.

Talking about blinds... the blind I mentioned was a metal box -- like a shipping container -- but it had been fitted out with sliding windows and a regular door. It had a raised, wood floor that was carpeted, a swivel chair, a storage shelf and hooks to hang your stuff. It was actually my cousin's and he had three blinds like it on his property. He had a mat outside the door to wipe your feet and the outside was painted camo. Each blind was set up with one of those heaters and a case of propane bottles and HIS blind had electricity...
Old 12-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Excommunicated

Only two things come out of Detriot, cars and criminals. Less cars then there used to be.

I just worked for a week in Marquette. Can be a fun town. Lots of chicks, Northern has teaching, cosmotology. I went to to Tech, not so many girls there.

My Mr Heater is pretty big. Screws on to 20lb bottle, about 12". Pings a bit too.

I am not getting any closer to the garage.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Rebuilt my FLHR motor in here, wasn't much more then a naked bulb. Bike and sled swapped spots. Yes there were carhardt bibs.
4 wheeler became a workbench. Parts stashed all over grage. Pipes in spare bed room. Priamry was on kitchen table for a month

Looks like a very workable set up. We have a foyer and the first winter I had the bike, I floated the idea of putting the bike there -- all cleaned up, kinda like a display... Wife was having nothing of it. Had it been just me - the bike would have been there and it would have been cool. I'd also put very nice 8 foot pool table in either the basement or living room... couple mounts here and there...
Old 12-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Double-D

B -

It's getting near 1:00 and I recommend you forget about the garage... I'm at the office and obviously not doing what I came to do. Were it not for some medication I'm on - I'd be popping a beer or two getting primed for dinner.

You have a good, safe New Years!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Excommunicated

I got a better set up now. 20x40 poll barn, no cement though. And 2 car garage. Walls are insullated and I got lots of outlets. But thats as far as I got. Needs big bench. Plus needs a permanent heat source.

Going on 2 years,here. Amazing how fast time goes, and how little gets done.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Excommunicated

Have a good New Years too. But I got to get out to the garage. The sled has held me hostage, need to get down and out of the garage and into the barn.

Ok here I go.

Also CST here, so high noon.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Excommunicated

The Mr Heater did ok. But once it hit 44 I turned it off, just to hot.