Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Gym
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Gym Put on your sweats and come on in.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:25 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
I've watched the infomercials and been to their website. It looks ridiculously difficult, but it also looks like it works.

Is it just exercise or a diet plan too?
It is difficult if you try to keep up w/ the intensity of the people on the DVDs. They're obviously in shape, as most of them weigh about as much as a thimble full of green owl poop. You have to work it at your level, but you do have to push yourself. BTW, just 'cause one can pass the preliminary fit test, don't assume it will be easy.....

It's both diet and exercise. I can't possibly eat the amount of food he says to eat--like 3K cals for me. I'm hovering in the 1800-2K range. I realize we're talking about a lot of physical activity to burn those cals, but I also know my stingy Irish potato-farmer metabolism well enough to know that I'd shortly weigh 300lbs eating 3K cals/day.

My damn feet hurt more than anything--plantar fasciitis. DOMS is a bitch too. I figure by week 3 I'll be over most of that pretty well. Multiple surgeries and setbacks in the last 2 years have taken their toll.

Ab ripper X would be classified as torture by Amnesty International.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 03-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Under Construction

TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parks View Post
I'm doing "Insanity" which is the 60 day and not the 90 day. Is P90 6 days a week still.

To answer the diet question, yes, there is some dietary information/suggestion. So far I have not been following that and still seem to be getting results. 16 days in, and I need another hole in my belt.
Yep, 6X/wk. There is a food plan that moves through 3 Protein/Fat/Carb ratios as the workouts change during the program. During the resistance phase (my words, not theirs), it's higher in protein; as the cardio kicks up it moves to a larger percentage of carbs. This makes sense to me, as you're directly feeding the goals of the phase you're in.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 03-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Under Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
Post up on the results, if it works I may try it, usually those plans are just a bunch of crap.
I agree. I'll be deliriously happy to get back into the pants I wore before the shoulder surgery back in '08.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Good for you, Tim!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
Post up on the results, if it works I may try it, usually those plans are just a bunch of crap.
It really works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
I believe Unchained has P90X.
Yep. It's just gonna be a little while yet before I can get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
It is difficult if you try to keep up w/ the intensity of the people on the DVDs. They're obviously in shape, as most of them weigh about as much as a thimble full of green owl poop. You have to work it at your level, but you do have to push yourself. BTW, just 'cause one can pass the preliminary fit test, don't assume it will be easy.....

It's both diet and exercise. I can't possibly eat the amount of food he says to eat--like 3K cals for me. I'm hovering in the 1800-2K range. I realize we're talking about a lot of physical activity to burn those cals, but I also know my stingy Irish potato-farmer metabolism well enough to know that I'd shortly weigh 300lbs eating 3K cals/day.

My damn feet hurt more than anything--plantar fasciitis. DOMS is a bitch too. I figure by week 3 I'll be over most of that pretty well. Multiple surgeries and setbacks in the last 2 years have taken their toll.

Ab ripper X would be classified as torture by Amnesty International.
Thanks for the review, Tim!! Can't wait to see your progress in June!

The nutrition plan allows me 2400 calories/day. I agree with you. If I ate that much every day, I'd weigh well over 200# in no time. When I'm carefully monitoring my intake, I try to keep it around 1500/day. I am going to try to follow their recommended protein/carb ratios though once I get started.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:15 AM
???

msocko3 has failed to amuse us
I work with a guy who is on his final week of P90X, to date he has lost 40 pounds. He started out eating 2500 cal and wasn't loosing so he cut back to 1800 and he has lost real well. In the final phase he has moved up to 2200 cal but is going to make a big push and cut it back to 1800 again to see if he can knock another 8 pounds off. The guy weighs and measures everything he puts in his mouth he even monitors his intake via a calculator on http://www.sparkpeople.com/. I've seen several people where I work complete the program and get good results.

06 Ultra Powered by 120" Head-Quarters

2012 GL1800 Hannigan
Old 04-01-2010, 04:35 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
How long are the daily workouts, an hour?

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 04-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Under Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
How long are the daily workouts, an hour?
Most are about an hour. There's a yoga-stretching day that's 90 minutes.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 04-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
I need to get this.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:01 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
i don't like to lift weights....them shits are HEAVY.....

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I hate lifting weights, and I find myself getting really bored with straight cardio (treadmill, elliptical). The problem I have, especially this time of year, is sticking to a schedule, since I would rather be doing something outside.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:00 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
yeah.....like riding.

last year amy and i bought some higher end MT bikes to break the monotony.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00069.jpg (119.9 KB, 42 views)

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Nice.

I used to really enjoy mountain biking and trail riding.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:21 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

we live about 40 min from Indiana's premiere single track trail system, so for us to get out and break a sweat isn't a real issue.....Brown County State Park is probably one of the Midwest's top destinations for Mt. Biking.....you'll run into people from all over on any given day the well maintained trails. there are a couple of forums dedicated to the sport locally, and often there will be posts from people who are coming to the area for Business who either bring their own or look to rent while there here so they can get a good pump on the hills and trails...

Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Parks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sock
I did not know that about about Brown County Josh. I have a mountain bike that has been collecting dust for several years. I recently bought a rack for my garage so it can gather dust on the wall, rather than on the floor next to the car. We used to ride at Hueston Woods near Oxford. Nice trails thanks to the granolas at the university.

Time to Nut up, or Shut up. -Tallahassee
Old 04-01-2010, 08:39 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

get that thing out and bring it over....we'll go ride..